5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect "bricked" and draining truck battery

milchuck

Reaction score
2019 Laramie with 12" screen. Got in truck two days ago and the console started an over-the-air update. I drove 30 mins home and got out of truck with the console saying it was updating and said truck didn't need to be on for the update to run. Got in the next day and battery is dead. When I jumped the battery the same message is on console about installation is in progress and the check engine light is now on. Tried resetting Uconnect console with no luck (holding in power/tune buttons at same time for 30 seconds). Called Uconnect and they walked be through resetting with no luck and suggested I take to dealer. As of now I can still drive the truck but have no console controls and have to disconnect negative terminal from battery every time I get out of truck to cut power to Uconnect so it doesn't drain the battery again. Can't get dealer appt until next week but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knew a fix. TIA

riccog125

Reaction score
I might be in the same boat as you. Wife drive truck on Thursday. Truck wouldn't unlock or anything today. Used the key in the fob to get inside. Checked battery (purchased 13mo ago) and it read 5v. I'm in the process of trying to charge it now. I asked if she seen anything on the screen and she said no. I dout she would have noticed thou. Keep us updated in tour outcome.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2019 12 in screen and I have never received an OTA update ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/