5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Box Update issues

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday my truck, 2023 Laramie with 12' screen, had a pop-up that said the Uconnect Box had an update. I initiated the update and then didn't think about it and turned off the truck! I put the truck in ACC mode and began the update again and when I came back it claimed to have finished but then said there was a failure and I should go to the dealer. Everything still works and it seems I have the most recent software version so I am a bit stumped. Anyone else have this issue?

Abb0nz

Reaction score
I had the same update occur a couple of days ago but didn't turn the truck off. It said it updated correctly.
I haven't noticed any differences so far.

What is the UConnect Box?

'23 1500 BH

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same update occur a couple of days ago but didn't turn the truck off. It said it updated correctly.
I haven't noticed any differences so far.

What is the UConnect Box?

'23 1500 BH
Good to know - I haven't noticed any difference either. I thought the language was strange - a google search seems to indicate the Uconnect box is referring to a hysical box behind the glove box that contains the cellular/wifi hardware for telematics etc.

wills446

Reaction score
Good to know - I haven't noticed any difference either. I thought the language was strange - a google search seems to indicate the Uconnect box is referring to a hysical box behind the glove box that contains the cellular/wifi hardware for telematics etc.
You are correct, the Uconnect Box is the telematics hardware, except it is behind the rear seat. This update will not change the version number that you see in the radio settings - totally different hardware.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I got the same message yesterday when turned my engine off. I tapped update but it didn't seem like it did anything.
Tom

23RAM

Reaction score
Yesterday my truck, 2023 Laramie with 12' screen, had a pop-up that said the Uconnect Box had an update. I initiated the update and then didn't think about it and turned off the truck! I put the truck in ACC mode and began the update again and when I came back it claimed to have finished but then said there was a failure and I should go to the dealer. Everything still works and it seems I have the most recent software version so I am a bit stumped. Anyone else have this issue?
I had this small pdate a while ago, but it appeared AFTER I turned off the truck and the radio stays on. I just hit accept and got out of the truck and the radio turned off. It seems to update on its own fine without any issues. The same thing happened when the truck received the main software update to v26.17 - I didn't leave the truck on, it took care of the update itself. I don't know if it did it the next time I started the truck or if it runs in the background with the truck off, but no issues here.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You are correct, the Uconnect Box is the telematics hardware, except it is behind the rear seat. This update will not change the version number that you see in the radio settings - totally different hardware.
They moved it for 2023s? Mines above my glove box, not sure how or why they would try to route all the connections in back to bring forwarded to the head unit.
Sounds like you mixed that up with something else.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I got an actual software update today and several things are messed up now.
- instead of showing the actual temperature with numbers there is a silly bar that goes from blue to red. Only a bar for driver side, passenger side has nothing
-passenger no longer can control climate, dual climate control no longer works
-adjusting temp (drivers side)with the hard keys does not change the arrow indicator on the blue/red bar but does change the actual air temperature. Only when you adjust from the actual climate screen does the arrow move.
-power side step control is gone
-going to apps they are now all in categories and in the limited time I was looking you can’t select ‘all’ which is kinda stupid

I didn’t look at the software version # but it must be the newest one. The other update you guys are referring to above happened to me 3 weeks ago.

Update only happened an hour ago so maybe things will be better after a few hours but so far I pretty much hate it!

John Galt

Reaction score
It’s behind the rear seat?? I thought it was behind the glovebox.

if its behind the rear seat sounds like it’ll be easier to rip out.

are you sure it’s behind the rear seat for the ‘23s?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great. Turned off my truck earlier tonight and it requested to do an update. I accepted and went on my way. Interested to see what happens when I start up later.

Mine has been working perfectly for quite some time. Hope they didn’t screw it up.🤨

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As expected mine was screwed up after the update.

98E77494-332D-4D09-B11D-5F96BE0FCEF8.jpeg
235DA2C9-2EFC-4D7F-A8AD-0648C846E154.jpeg
After a soft reset pushing and holding the left power button everything came back and seems normal again. I’m sure the same would have happened after starting the truck again next time.

E436D6E2-F99F-471A-89B8-1E1F54F37CA3.jpeg
So far I don’t see anything different. It asked “what’s new” but never listed anything when I selected.

After starting the truck up again later a large message was on my screen for a bit reminding me of a very important safety recall…….the tailgate.

Hope that doesn’t pop up every single time now. Never seen that before the update.🤨

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Glad to hear yours went back to normal, hoping mine is as well when I start up this morning. My Apply carplay was acting up quite a bit the last 2 months or so after working nearly flawlessly for quite some time so hopefully it improves. The infamous loud buzzing system crash also came back and was happening regularly again so fingers crossed it is fixed as well.

nitmik

Reaction score
- instead of showing the actual temperature with numbers there is a silly bar that goes from blue to red. Only a bar for driver side, passenger side has nothing
-adjusting temp (drivers side)with the hard keys does not change the arrow indicator on the blue/red bar but does change the actual air temperature. Only when you adjust from the actual climate screen does the arrow move.
-going to apps they are now all in categories and in the limited time I was looking you can’t select ‘all’ which is kinda stupid

I didn’t look at the software version # but it must be the newest one. The other update you guys are referring to above happened to me 3 weeks ago.

Update only happened an hour ago so maybe things will be better after a few hours but so far I pretty much hate it!
Mine updated and I noticed the same red blue slider. I soft reset mine and it went back to normal.

I’ve noticed a couple of changes. When I start the truck, it does not start in the apps screen, it shows the Home Screen on start. Still goes to car play after reverse. Guess they’ll never figure this one out.
Nothing else so far.

m.hamner

Reaction score

Same here! Let me know if you got it somehow fixed. This is wonky!

Ohsobad

Reaction score
Mine did all of the above, and as others have said after you cycle the truck by turning it off and turning it back on, all is good! I have been trying to find something online to see what if anything was added or changed. No luck so far.

GMetal

Reaction score
love it when companies change a bunch of features and you now have too relearn every function and find out some things are no longer available. I noticed the blue/red bar for climate in the corner changed back to the numbers. Not sure what happened.

Last edited:

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Just an update, all was back to normal the next day. Nothing new that I can see. Airplay connectivity might be a little less finicky but still doesn’t connect every time without help

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/