5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Battery Charge Message

Rammmer

Reaction score
Have been getting this message every time i use my truck since yesterday. 2022 1500 limited with etorque. Despite driving a decent distance the battery doesn't seem to be recharging. I let it sit in cold weather for maybe 24 hrs at max. I measured the voltage using a multimeter and it was 12.26v after driving probably 20+ miles. Going to charge it now but I wonder if this is an issue anyone else has dealt with? Kinda concerning since it's a new truck.

Screenshot_20230224_155823_Chrome.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have been getting this message every time i use my truck since yesterday. 2022 1500 limited with etorque. Despite driving a decent distance the battery doesn't seem to be recharging. I measured the voltage using a multimeter and it was 12.26v. Going to charge it now but I wonder if this is an issue anyone else has dealt with? Kinda concerning since it's a new truck.

View attachment 152892
Take it to a parts store and have them test the batter to make sure battery isn't going bad. Otherwise there have been some event posts about issues with charging by the etorque system. The 48v etorque system charges the 12v starting battery.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Take it to a parts store and have them test the batter to make sure battery isn't going bad. Otherwise there have been some event posts about issues with charging by the etorque system. The 48v etorque system charges the 12v starting battery.
The vehicle is still under warranty, so if they determine it's bad is this something the dealership should replace? The truck has had no issues starting so far.

Last edited:

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
Batteries from factory are crap and lucky to get 1-2 years out of them. It's technically a wear part, but maybe you'll get lucky and they'll cover if it is a battery problem

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The vehicle is still under warranty, so if they determine it's bad is this something the dealership should replace? The truck has had no issues starting so far.
Yes, should be covered under the 3/36 factory warranty

Rammmer

Reaction score
Batteries from factory are crap and lucky to get 1-2 years out of them. It's technically a wear part, but maybe you'll get lucky and they'll cover if it is a battery problem
I'm going to charge it up with my battery charger and measure the voltage after I use it over the next few days. If it keeps happening the battery is probably bad or there's a problem with the etorque charging system. It's just a pain to get a service appointment with dealerships by me.

The battery charged up to output 12.76v after charging for an hour or two, let's see if it holds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread