5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect & Active911/ActiveAlert issue/compatibility work around (Android)

bikemancs

Reaction score
Hey all.

Straight to the point, Volunteer Firefighter. Had a call driving home yesterday and my phone didn't beep through the truck. Notification came up on the phone, but no sound. Was using the phone for Audio, but not navigation.

Emailed the Active911/ActiveAlert dev team, and they stated they don't have integration with Android Auto. Direct quote:

"At this time we do not have an integration with android auto and are unable to notify you with sounds using the device's Bluetooth connection to your vehcile. We hope to be able to add android auto integration in the future"

Is there any device or anything (I know there's ways to do various workarounds) that I can attach to the truck to overcome this issue? I'm not the only one on our department running into this issue. However the other person I know of is in a newer F-150.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread