5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Activation

franko

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie that has a 12" UConnect system. While driving around the area (Southern AZ) I've noticed that the maps are out of date, some road changes are not reflected on the maps. When I go to https://chryslergroup.navigation.com/ it tells me I have the current software version, but I must 'Activate' my system in order to download maps. The Activation costs $595. Has anyone else run into this after buying a used Ram? I'm not interested in the SiriusXM subscription, I just want to update the maps.
Thanks for the help.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have factory nav, but I've never seen a factory system that's actually 'up to date' and the updates are always expensive. Usually the latest and greatest maps are still a little behind. Just use Waze/Google Maps/Apple Maps with Android Auto or CarPlay and you'll always be up to date for free.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had a 2019 and there was never an update available for maps. My 2021 came with the latest maps, but they don't make them available for the 2019 :unsure: I also do not believe that a Uconnect subscription will update your maps over the air. It is generally a download to a USB stick.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Map updates are purchased through DriveUconnect.com which then routes you to Here for the actual update. No map updates are pushed over the air. I'm not sure what that $595 subscription is but it sounds like 2 years of Uconnect or Sirius Guardian which has nothing to do with the maps.

Having said that I just visited the Here site and they have a new product called Navigation on Demand which appears to be a Google Maps-Like service....maybe with Uconnect 5? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread