5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 8.4 problems

kedo1209

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2019 dodge ram 1500 my uconnect is screwed up Navigation shows me in the ocean by Africa I live in canada shows direct wrong if I'm heading west it says I'm not north east... it always freezes.... wondering what's going on and is my version uptodate I have not had an update for probably 3 years if this the the latest can I get the file so I can do a fresh install and yes I have checked the uconnect website and it says it's up today but I want to try and fresh install it
Version 20.04.19

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2019 dodge ram 1500 my uconnect is screwed up Navigation shows me in the ocean by Africa I live in canada shows direct wrong if I'm heading west it says I'm not north east... it always freezes.... wondering what's going on and is my version uptodate I have not had an update for probably 3 years if this the the latest can I get the file so I can do a fresh install and yes I have checked the uconnect website and it says it's up today but I want to try and fresh install it
Version 20.04.19
2019 also, version 21.14.14. Several attempted over air updates failed. From what I recall it was error code 20, others have had same issue.
Again from what I recall there is a way of performing a test on the Nav and that puts you some where else. It has been a while since I did that and do not have access to the Ram at the moment.

What location does it show if you perform as below?

Information — Where Am I? To select “Where Am I?” information, follow these steps: 1. While in the Nav Main Menu, press the “Information” button on the touchscreen. 2. Press the “Where Am I?” button on the touchscreen. Where Am I? displays the address and GEO Coordinates of your current location. 3. Press the “Show GPS Info” button on the touchscreen to view the GPS information. 4. Press the “Save” button on the touchscreen to save the location in your Favorites. NOTE: You can press the “back arrow” button on the touchscreen to return to the previous screen or the “X” button on the touchscreen to exit. Information — Trip Computer To select “Trip Computer” information, follow these steps: 1. While in the Nav Main Menu, press the “Information” button on the touchscreen. 2. Press the “Trip Computer” button on the touchscreen.

kedo1209

Reaction score
I'm not sure if something is screwed with the untena or what

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
What does CarPlay/android auto do? Pretty sure the phone uses the trucks antenna when plugged in

kedo1209

Reaction score
It works but it freezes a hell of s lot and no it uses the phone for gps
It's annoying tike never stays synced and I can't even use the uconnect app

Last edited:

DarPro

Reaction score
picked up a 2022 Ram Bighorn 2 weeks ago. While driving the Nav keeps switching to a different screen and then the maps come back and needs to reload. I would lose the trip directions. Anyone else experience this?

Users who are viewing this thread