5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 8.4 cycling off and on. Batteries draining on truck

Road Ventures

Reaction score
So our 2019 RAM 3500 started having issues while on a work road trip right after Thanksgiving. The Radio is cycling off and on and the batteries keep draining when the truck is off. I have noticed that I am getting the "Device not supported" message even though nothing is plugged in.

We are far away from our home dealer for work. This local dealer has not been the greatest to work with. They originally had been trying to refuse to touch the warranty work since I am not from this area. They finally ordered a Radio, but have no clue what is going on with it. Even with the Radio fuse pulled, we have a parasitic drain leaving us not able to start the truck from time to time. The mechanic legit through his hands up and told me he doesn't know what to do. After a couple week of me begging this dealership to solve the battery drain issue, they replaced 1 of my batteries and sent me on my way. I have a Case Manager now with Ram.. But she told originally that I would have my radio in on January 15th, but now is saying they have no ETA for a new radio due to Covid-19 and social distancing.

If anyone has any suggestions that I can take to this Ram mechanic to try, I would greatly appreciate it. My family and I are stuck in a campground and need this truck functioning properly for work while in this area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/