5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5

RockJock

Reaction score
Anyone waiting for Uconnect 5 to buy a Ram? I can't decide what I should do. I was going to order a 2020, but decided to wait for a 2021. My most recent plan was to order in January. Now I hear about Uconnect 5 coming soon and don't know if I should wait for that. Too bad there isn't much information about it or a clear release date yet. I don't know if it's worth waiting for, but then again what's a few more months.

Mac15

Reaction score
Same boat. Started down the path of pricing my Limited order and paused seeing that Uconnect 5 is close. After searching for new info extensively, I have concluded it is probably going to arrive for 2022. So, my wait continues...

BNeal

Reaction score
Yea, I was really disappointed when I ordered my '21 only to find out that UC5 won't make the '21 lineup - at least not the Ram. But I was in need of a truck, so moved forward with the order. LOVE the truck, but damn, I wish UC5 would have been available.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m planning on adding Uconnect 5 if my Uconnect 4 ever goes out . I figure it’ll be cheaper to replace the infotainment system then trading in on a new truck just for the better system .

BNeal

Reaction score
What's going to be so great about 5 over 4? I don't get it.
Runs faster and jumps higher!

Seriously... all new hardware with higher definition screen and a completely different operating system. Plus cordless Apple Play.

Mac15

Reaction score

This guy does a pretty good job highlighting it. 5x faster is a pretty big jump (compared to a 20% faster smart phone year over year). So much of the truck goes through the 12” screen that it seems like a pretty significant update. Otherwise, I’m not sure I would care as much.

However with my luck they will probably get the bugs out of the current system (which seems to have fewer and fewer complaints on the forum) just in time for the new one to launch with new bugs to fix. :)

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only Downside I can see is they are switching Navigation from Garmin to Tom-Tom.
Faster Processor is all good. Extra RAM and ROM is great.

Malodave

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like everything, next gen is great but personally I'm quite happy with the way my 12" runs, I don't find it slow, I like the Nav and Sirius 360L. The features of Uconnect 5 look great but are no way ground breaking enough to make me wait a couple of years for a new truck. From my perspective, it's pretty hard not to love the 2020 Limited the way it is.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely don't think it's worth waiting for at this point. Nobody knows what is happening with the screen - are they upgrading the 12", axing it completely for the 10" like the rest of the lineup, or just loading UC5 on the 12"? And what happened to Android Automotive (not your phone) which was demoed running on these trucks awhile back? I'd take that over Uconnect any day...

Users who are viewing this thread