5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 5 widgets

bsmathis63

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 2023 RAM 1500 Limited. Gauges have worked one time....usually nothing..sometimes just the coolant temp. Looking for something to try and fix it prior to taking it back to the dealer for troubleshooting.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen all mine work once, but most of the time they don't read anything. Since they are accessed through the towing app, I've wondered if you need to have a trailer connected to the 7 pin connector for it to work reliably.

TurboRabbit

Reaction score
Noticed the gauges were working again recently for me but the values were at least off by 50%, so coolant reading at 207 on the dash... on the uconnect screen it was like 97.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine just started working again for one day, then quit.

6of36

Reaction score
Yep... same here, yet to figure out a pattern. For now, no added benefit to having the widget.
Mine have not come back on yet. I stopped by the dealership, and asked if the have run across this issue. I was told yes, it's a known issue, that there is no cure for yet, but they are working on it, and when they find a cure, it should go into an OTA update. They were told not to replace anything trying to fix by FCA.

Sigfla

Reaction score
I don’t even have the ability to select them. I wonder if an update removed the feature until they get the bugs worked out. Mine is a 23 limited 1500

6of36

Reaction score
I took mine in to the dealer, and knew there was no fix, but had them write it anyway. Just as I arrived, my truck started an OTA update, so I couldn't even show the write up. After picking up the truck, 3 of the 4 were working. Then they stopped. Then they all worked. Then they stopped. Now no oil pressure gauge works.

IDK-Why Not

Reaction score
So just purchsed a 2023 Bighorn which has the same gague package with unconnect 5. I called the Uconnect support and my local dealr and they were thinking this option would work when a trailer is connected, which does not make sense since the trailer break gauge activates in both the TFT and the Uconnect center stack. Suddenly, they began working, but once I turned the car off, they stopped. I am following up again tomorrow with both the dealership and Uconnect.

Attachments

• Gagues not working.jpg
    Gagues not working.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 24
  • gagues working.jpg
    gagues working.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 25

Rammerjammer93

Reaction score

So just purchsed a 2023 Bighorn which has the same gague package with unconnect 5. I called the Uconnect support and my local dealr and they were thinking this option would work when a trailer is connected, which does not make sense since the trailer break gauge activates in both the TFT and the Uconnect center stack. Suddenly, they began working, but once I turned the car off, they stopped. I am following up again tomorrow with both the dealership and Uconnect.
I have 2022 ram 1500 Laramie 12” screen. When I first bought the truck (used 16k miles) it had this available under a “Dashboard” tab under vehicle section. I could also add it as a widget on my pages. About 3 days with the vehicle, it disappeared. Soft reset brought it back temporarily. Now it’s gone entirely. Ram dealer has no idea what I’m talking about. Any advice on getting this back?

Sounds like a common issue based on this thread. Honestly scoured the internet looking for any mention of it and finally found this thread

Attachments

• IMG_0835.png
    IMG_0835.png
    445.3 KB · Views: 18

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 2022 ram 1500 Laramie 12” screen. When I first bought the truck (used 16k miles) it had this available under a “Dashboard” tab under vehicle section. I could also add it as a widget on my pages. About 3 days with the vehicle, it disappeared. Soft reset brought it back temporarily. Now it’s gone entirely. Ram dealer has no idea what I’m talking about. Any advice on getting this back?

Sounds like a common issue based on this thread. Honestly scoured the internet looking for any mention of it and finally found this thread
If you have the telematics box, it's likely it phoned-home and the mother ship disabled it after a UC5 FW update.

IDK-Why Not

Reaction score

So mine have been working with no issues since I posted. I canceled my appointment for the time being but what's bothersome is the dealers experience with this issue.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Rammerjammer93

Reaction score
So mine have been working with no issues since I posted. I canceled my appointment for the time being but what's bothersome is the dealers experience with this issue.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Glad to hear it… I’ll hold on to hope that my dashboard tab reappears and I regain this function. Only thing I can think of is maybe it was part of the ram connect services that I opted out of from the previous owner

6of36

Reaction score
It comes and goes. Again yesterday, 3 of 4 worked. Oil temp didn't work there, but did in cluster. That's the weird thing, when only part works.

IDK-Why Not

Reaction score
It comes and goes. Again yesterday, 3 of 4 worked. Oil temp didn't work there, but did in cluster. That's the weird thing, when only part works.
I just came back from my dealer; they were able to get it working again. They found that the backup camera software was out of date, and updating that cleared the issue. They did say that I should watch it and bring it back if the issue returns.

6of36

Reaction score
I just came back from my dealer; they were able to get it working again. They found that the backup camera software was out of date, and updating that cleared the issue. They did say that I should watch it and bring it back if the issue returns.
Mine was just updated a couple weeks ago. Still comes and goes. Maybe they had an even newer update since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online