5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 5 widgets

RcCola

Reaction score
Hello all, troubleshooting set up and widgets. 2023 1500 limited 12.5 screen.
I need to know why the “gauge” widget does not display the information, only sometimes it does, and sometimes it’s not all of them, but most of the time it displays no information, (oil temp, pressure, etc.). Also, if you choose a smaller widget and select gauges, it only has two, not all four, how do you display more of them in the smaller widget?

Attachments

• IMG_8924.jpeg
    IMG_8924.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_8925.jpeg
    IMG_8925.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_8926.jpeg
    IMG_8926.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 208

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not any real help, but just for info. My buddy has a 21 Ram, which would be UC4 not UC5, but he also has heads up display. It took him 5 or 6 attempts setting that up before the settings actually stuck. Until someone comes up with a definite answer, keep trying to add those, and you may get lucky.

Reaction score
I've got a 2023 Limited and it doesn't show the gauge widget at all - how do you get that option to appear on the 'select widgets' page?

Gerardv514

Reaction score
- just finding this thread now.

I recently took delivery of a 23’ Laramie in June, in which the gauge widget was working. Recently I brought it into the dealer to have power running boards installed and now the widget for coolant temp, oil temp and oil pressure remain at 0. The trailer brake gauge does display a value when you brake.

Any idea what’s up here?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Gauge widgets are only on some models. You might be able to add with alfaobd.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Mine on my 23 Limited only work part time. They don't work more than they work.
TOm

John Galt

Reaction score
My 23 limited has widgets for the infotainment screen and instrument cluster. Both work fine but I don’t usually use them. on my infotainment screen I usually have CarPlay up and on my instrument cluster they’re in the rotation so I can take a peek if I need to but I don’t have them up all the time.

wsolarczyk

Reaction score
does anyone know what to enable in AlfaOBD to get the widget in UC5?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does anyone know what to enable in AlfaOBD to get the widget in UC5?
There are threads about this if you search for them. If you don't already have the various gauge screens available, you'll have to do more than just enable them with AlfaOBD. If you don't, they'll disappear on you shortly after you enable them.

Gerardv514

Reaction score
- just finding this thread now.

I recently took delivery of a 23’ Laramie in June, in which the gauge widget was working. Recently I brought it into the dealer to have power running boards installed and now the widget for coolant temp, oil temp and oil pressure remain at 0. The trailer brake gauge does display a value when you brake.

Any idea what’s up here?

Ok so I checked this screen again yesterday and now it’s working 🙄

wsolarczyk

Reaction score
There are threads about this if you search for them. If you don't already have the various gauge screens available, you'll have to do more than just enable them with AlfaOBD. If you don't, they'll disappear on you shortly after you enable them.
cskindt, if you could point me in the right direction, as I cannot find any threads with guides or any info, just those about 2023s that dont work, lol

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
cskindt, if you could point me in the right direction, as I cannot find any threads with guides or any info, just those about 2023s that dont work, lol

asrobinson

Reaction score
I need to know why the “gauge” widget does not display the information, only sometimes it does, and sometimes it’s not all of them, but most of the time it displays no information, (oil temp, pressure, etc.). Also, if you choose a smaller widget and select gauges, it only has two, not all four, how do you display more of them in the smaller widget?
I have the same issue with my Ram 2500 Limited. Did you ever figure this out?

asrobinson

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Ram 2500 Limited. Did you ever figure this out?

Whitey

Reaction score
Having the same issue here! Frustrated. Trailer brake widget works all the time, coolant temp works some time, oil temp never works, trans temp never works.

Users who are viewing this thread