5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 updates

CJC66

Reaction score
My Uconnect 5 with the 8.4 screen and the screen in the dashboard would flash red and beep every couple of days. Went to the Uconnect website and it requires your VIN to verify if there is an update available. Every time it showed my system was up to date. Had to register with the Mopar website and called the customer service number. Tamara verified my system had 2 updates pending. Had to take the truck back to the dealer for the update. No charge since I just bought the truck and it is still in the bumper-bumper warranty. They said the 2 screens communicate, but the Uconnect does not fully control the dashboard screen. You need to call Uconnect at 866-462-8837 for more information about the version and updates. The dealer WILL NOT release the update file to you. Just like any other piece of technology, when it works it is nice. When it does not work, it SUCKS!

5genJeff

Reaction score
What version did they update you to? If possible, post a picture of your Version Information screen.

5genJeff

Reaction score
Interesting. It appears that v160 is still the latest for the FCA R1-Low models.

CJC66

Reaction score
Called Uconnect today and verified that Build Number is the latest version. Even though the Android version shows 8.1.0 and the Security Patch is from March 2020. Makes no sense to me. It must be a Uconnect thing I cannot understand.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why do you care what version of android and security patch it has?
It's not a phone or a tablet, it's an offline radio.

You will have more security holes by allowing your truck to have Ramconnect allowed to tap into your engine whenever it wants.

CJC66

Reaction score
Why do you care what version of android and security patch it has?
It's not a phone or a tablet, it's an offline radio.

You will have more security holes by allowing your truck to have Ramconnect allowed to tap into your engine whenever it wants.
Oftentimes there are connection issues between devices when the software versions are not close. They are computers after all. In my case the infotainment unit was occasionally flashing red, along with the dashboard screen, they would beep once or twice, then everything would return to normal.

False

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2022 RAM 2500 Uconnect 5 8.4. I installed cargo camera and I got a blue screen. I read that an update would fix it. My version is FCA_R1L_ARM64_00.145.00.15.00. Can you please help me to get the last updated file? (Uconnect website with VIN says that my system is updated and the car does not detect any update) Thanks for your answer.

n8zcc

Reaction score
When I hear two words that are being used together, I run for the hills. Those two words are "Uconnect" and "update".

False

Reaction score
Please any information to update my 2022 RAM 2500 Uconnect 5 8.4 FCA_R1L_ARM64_00.145.00.15.00? The dealership told me to call Uconnect support and Uconnect support asked me to contact a dealership. 1706232627375.png

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Please any information to update my 2022 RAM 2500 Uconnect 5 8.4 FCA_R1L_ARM64_00.145.00.15.00? The dealership told me to call Uconnect support and Uconnect support asked me to contact a dealership. View attachment 175379
find a different dealer
FCA_R1L_ARM64_00.160.00.21.00

is the latest for the 1500 that i have
yours might be different being a 2500

False

Reaction score
find a different dealer
FCA_R1L_ARM64_00.160.00.21.00

is the latest for the 1500 that i have
yours might be different being a 2500
Thanks for your answer! I tried 3 different ones. They do not care and all gave me the same answer. If someone can direct me to a link for the file I would appreciate. thx!

DoogieMc

Reaction score
I am still at 141 on my 2022 Warlock. I am so tired of the runound from RAM and Uconnect. My 2014 Limited with the same system only an older Uconnect system never had all the problems that I have now. RAM just does not give a damn. At this point I, my next truck will NOT be a Ram.

DoogieMc

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer! I tried 3 different ones. They do not care and all gave me the same answer. If someone can direct me to a link for the file I would appreciate. thx!
I would agree. They don't care. It is always the runaround. They have an entire staff there to dispense BS. My last RAM is my current RAM. I have had enough.

Users who are viewing this thread