5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 4 Update

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
Hmm. I have seen at least 3 OTA’s on my 2019 12 inch over the years. The fact I got one one 4 days ago and it was not even the most recent version is even weirder.
BTW below is the info now after the update. Also the only noticeable UI change is these two circles I have circled. Prior these were inconspicuous dashes to scroll left and right to different screens.

1707244729044.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2790.jpeg
    IMG_2790.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 53

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm. I have seen at least 3 OTA’s on my 2019 12 inch over the years. The fact I got one one 4 days ago and it was not even the most recent version is even weirder.
BTW below is the info now after the update. Also the only noticeable UI change is these two circles I have circled. Prior these were inconspicuous dashes to scroll left and right to different screens.

View attachment 176248
Your picture shows the most recent update is on the truck. Or are you saying this is just recent OTA, and you also had one four days ago? Depending on what it started with, it may have needed to step up, and not go directly to 40.1

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
This pic was after I manually updated about an hour ago. After the OTA 4 days ago was the pic I posted at the start of the thread and was version LR 35.31. I did not check what it was prior to the OTA on 2/3/24. The message popped up and I just clicked Update.

ram813ltd

Reaction score
I've never had an OTA update on my 2020 with 12.1" display. But I was pretty proactive in updating myself when I saw new updates were out. Funny thing is, before I did first update to 37.2 myself, I never got vehicle health reports, and the SiriusXM weather radar never worked. After I updated both started working. Yet Uconnect said my radio was up to date
when the dealer replaced my battery under warranty i got sirius 90 day trial. thats 90 days wasted for sirius i've never used never will. also started getting monthly vehicle updates which i haven't received in a year

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uconnect says no updates for mine 19 w/12". I need to pull the information from the radio to see last software update number.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe mine is coming soon, as it seems people posting about their 19 updating in the last week.

JayP_1500

Reaction score
I just completed the update myself yes. Dealer said it would be a minimum of $160. Update took about 20 minutes.
Where can I find these updates and a procedure on how to apply them? I need the TSB for the groan during low speed turns, and if I can save the hassle of going to the dealer that would be great.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I got the first update notice on 2/4. I kept ignoring the updates and yesterday morning the screen locked with a message forcing me to schedule a time to update. I couldn't lower volume or do anything on the screen until I scheduled a time. Weird but I guess I'll see what happens when I get in it this morning.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Here's a pic i just took.

Attachments

• IMG_4511.jpg
    IMG_4511.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 54

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
Yeah same as me 35.31 which is an old update. There are posts in this forum with the files for 40.1 which is what I used to manually update.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Yeah same as me 35.31 which is an old update. There are posts in this forum with the files for 40.1 which is what I used to manually update.
Did it do anything worthwhile ? My truck is scheduled for the tailgate fix next week I wonder if they would do it for free. I've been ignoring the fix for months but now I get phone calls, so I figured I might as well do it.

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
I was having issues with very delayed responsiveness when changing radio channels and also maybe 3x week the volume would not work at all and just be stuck at 0. Since the update I have not seen those issues. If they would do it for free that would be nice.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did it do anything worthwhile ? My truck is scheduled for the tailgate fix next week I wonder if they would do it for free. I've been ignoring the fix for months but now I get phone calls, so I figured I might as well do it.
It's not a "fix" for the tailgate if yours is working properly. They literally open and close it a couple times and shake it to make sure it stays latched. If so, then they sign off the recall and send you on your way. Less than 10 minutes. Some even do it right in the service bag entrance.

Lungs414

Reaction score
It's not a "fix" for the tailgate if yours is working properly. They literally open and close it a couple times and shake it to make sure it stays latched. If so, then they sign off the recall and send you on your way. Less than 10 minutes. Some even do it right in the service bag entrance.
Exactly what happened. After I got checked in they came over to me and asked if I had any problems with it. I said no they said ok here's your keys.

Users who are viewing this thread