5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I recently took my 23' Laramie to the dealer to have power running boards installed. Yesterday I noticed that my coolant temp, oil pressure & oil temp gauges in the Uconnect 12 trailer tow screen don't work anymore. Trailer brake is still working, and all of these had worked prior to going in for the power running boards.

Did you ever find a resolution to your issue?
Hello,
We feel regretful to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your VIN, we will escalate a case on your behalf.
Sylvia
Ram Cares

Gerardv514

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my 12" screen, where the gauges (except for trailer brake) are not moving are displaying a value. This was working prior to going into the dealer and getting power running boards installed.
Ok so I checked this screen again yesterday and now it’s working 🙄

kanito

Reaction score
A few days with the update and I have not seen any of my former issues:
  • Heated / Vented seat controls - stay in the upper corners on every start / day. Previously would work for a day then I would need to switch driver profiles to get them back. I would say this is resolved.
  • Compass - The compass would stop displaying on the cluster - had to restart the radio to get it back. So far it was been working correctly but it popped up pretty infrequently on 25.7. For the time being, I would say this is resolved.
  • Screens - Seems to be consistent at starting at the same point as it left off. If I turned off the truck on Media, it starts on the media screen, turned off on "home," starts on "home," etc.
The only issues I have noticed and it's more than likely related to the fact that the radio has been retrofitted into a 2015 truck:
  • Off-road pages - Oil pressure and coolant temperature are not showing up while all the other gauges work.
EDIT: the issues with the gauges not showing data seems to have resolved itself overnight. At this point, I have zero issues with the 26.15 update. Hopefully it stays that way when I add the telematics module.
did u ever add the telematics module to the radio?

kanito

Reaction score
You can't, and even if you did it would not be authorized for Ram connected services and in turn do nothing at all.
why wold they sell a retrofit kit, for them, with this instructions!
ADD SALES CODE TO VEHICLE IN DealerCONNECT.
NOTE: Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality Using the DealerCONNECT website and the scan tool, complete the procedure below:
  1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com.
  2. In the "Service tab"-"Warranty Administration" box -"Vehicle Option Updates" screen, enter the vehicle VIN
    and add the sales code RFQ (Ram Telematics) as a "Dealer Installed Option".
  3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN.

Attachments

• c94c2ecf50f27b4cf7bd710826617dc9.PDF
    860 KB · Views: 13

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
why wold they sell a retrofit kit, for them, with this instructions!
ADD SALES CODE TO VEHICLE IN DealerCONNECT.
NOTE: Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality Using the DealerCONNECT website and the scan tool, complete the procedure below:
  1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com.
  2. In the "Service tab"-"Warranty Administration" box -"Vehicle Option Updates" screen, enter the vehicle VIN
    and add the sales code RFQ (Ram Telematics) as a "Dealer Installed Option".
  3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN.
They don't sell that as a Retrofit fit. That link you have isn't even fit a Ram 1500. It's dated 2019 before they even had or used the telematics box for UC5 which started in 2022.
It can't be added for Connected services on a 2015 Ram 1500 as you quoted asking.
But hey you do you, it's your money to waste.
@Jimmy07 have anything of valur to add in adding a telematics box on a 2015 Ram 1500?

Users who are viewing this thread