5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12 stop reading thumb drive

Airbearmd

Reaction score
My 2018 Limited with 12" Uconnect was reading the music on my thumb drive with no problem for over a year and now suddenly won't see any thumb drive I use. Just gives me an error reading drive. I have tried several different drives all formatted with exFAT. Nothing seems to work, however; it will connect to my iPhone for carplay with no issues. Very strange. Anyone else have this issue

N7GZN

Reaction score
My experience is that uconnect would cyclically connect and disconnect from my usb thumb drive at 15-20 second intervals, over time it failed to connect entirely. The only thing that worked off of the usb ports was charging. My problem was a failure of the usb hub itself, replaced it and no more problems. I see you have a 4th gen (2018), I have a 5th gen which may or may not be similar.

courtcop62

Reaction score
My experience is that uconnect would cyclically connect and disconnect from my usb thumb drive at 15-20 second intervals, over time it failed to connect entirely. The only thing that worked off of the usb ports was charging. My problem was a failure of the usb hub itself, replaced it and no more problems. I see you have a 4th gen (2018), I have a 5th gen which may or may not be similar.
I just picked up my Ram 3 days ago and it was all working fine then as of Monday (yesterday) November 6. 2023 it cant see my usb drive anymore. Going to the dealer today to get my sticker and will inquire as well. Thanks for the thread....

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been using a Sandisk 128GB Thumb Drive with MP3s for the past 3 years. Only
had one hiccup with two inputs going into the system. After a day it corrected itself.

Malodave

Knotty Gnome

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if the Ram system is able to read a 256GB USB stick? I've not had any issues with the 128GB ones.

Users who are viewing this thread