5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12 problems

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I've had my 21 BTS with the 12" screen for about 2 months now and I have maybe 1300 miles on it. It's been hot here lately so I've had the ac on for most of those 2 months. It seems like when I have the fan on #7 which is the highest speed it seems to work fine for about 10 or 15 minutes then it shuts down and locks up the screen. The only to "reset" it is to pull over and restart the engine. If I keep it on #7 it will happen again in about 10 or 15 minutes. It doesnt seem to happen if I use #6 or below. I know I know, juat keep on a lower setting and it wont happen. It's only happened a few different times but I dont think it should happen at all. Has anyone else had this issue happen?

Josh405

Reaction score
You know I was sort of bummed when my 21 BTS only had 8.4 non NAV. ( Bighorn Level 1) But no problems yet only 2600 miles. Not knocking it but it seems the 12 inch unit has more issues for sure, Makes no sense.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wouldn't think a speed setting would cause an issue. Mine is on auto all the time. Guess I can set it and see. If you hold down the power and tuner buttons for something like 10 seconds, the screen will reboot. Might try that so you don't have to turn off the engine.

834k3r

Reaction score
I wouldn't think a speed setting would cause an issue. Mine is on auto all the time. Guess I can set it and see. If you hold down the power and tuner buttons for something like 10 seconds, the screen will reboot. Might try that so you don't have to turn off the engine.
+1.

The only time my climate control isn't on auto is when I turn the fan off when I have the windows down and sunroof open.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I don't know. The few times it's happened it's been on the high setting #7. It's never happened on any other setting. Its strange

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online