5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 12.1 Upgrades/apps wanted.....

Autoplay

Reaction score
I would like to see an option,that allows you to mute the volume of radio/headunit,when truck is put in reverse. My alpine head unit in my 14 Ram had that option,to turn on or off.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have a need for the listed feature. I am not sure if you mean the truck automatically muted the radio when the vehicle was placed in reverse, my ‘15 Ram did not.

There is a mute button just below the volume knob if you’ve missed it.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of this. I guess it’s like when people turn down the radio when they’re looking for a close by address. ??

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of this. I guess it’s like when people turn down the radio when they’re looking for a close by address. ??
If it’s like our Audi, it does this so that you can hear the park sensors. You can adjust this in the MMI system.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I get what you're asking for and why it's not a bad feature, but uconnect has many many other features and tweaks to make before they have the free time to focus on such luxuries

lacssj

Reaction score
My top three requests for SW update features....

1) vastly improved voice recognition, especially for nav,

2) better traffic. Wider than 10 mile range, and correcting frequent missing interstate reports. This may be a Sirius limitation rather than a Uconnect issue,

3) wireless CarPlay.

Neokane

Reaction score
Check out this thread..

Users who are viewing this thread