5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uConnect 12.1" & 8.4" - Intermittent Pauses in Audio for All Sources

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
I wonder how long it'll take FCA to figure this out? Or if they already did, the bigger question is why aren't they helping us out?

Again, this is my first pick-up truck, and personally my first American-made vehicle (my family has owned other brands before). The product support and the amount of recalls absolutely does not instill confidence owning this truck longer than the warranty period, and I've owned a BMW :LOL:

2xs

Reaction score
Update: It's been a few weeks since my camera was replaced. Some temps in the 30's, finally down to 25 the other morning. No issues with Audio or backup camera.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Yeah the amount of trouble I was having prior to camera replacement and the fact that I’ve had zero issues since is no coincidence. How comforting is it to know you’re getting in a truck and not going to be plagued with this issue any longer? I feel like a kid again....

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Well, good news and bad news. The good news is my intermittent pauses went away with the new camera. The bad news is now my screen resets every minute. Literally, every minute. It's more annoying than the pauses. It's like I plugged one hole of the dam and another one opened. Back to the (hopefully) good news, there's a TSB for this. The truck is at the shop undergoing a software update pursuant to this TSB. I hope it fixes it otherwise I'm officially done with Ram.

Donbaragar

Reaction score
Wife just reported the blue screen and 2 restarts while driving today. I haven't had anything going wrong before this. Hope that TSB flash is effective

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Wife just reported the blue screen and 2 restarts while driving today. I haven't had anything going wrong before this. Hope that TSB flash is effective
Sadly, the TSB didn’t work and I did confirm they actually updated it. But there’s good news, kind of, I think. It only resets (at least for me) when my phone is connected via Bluetooth to the truck. It literally reset every minute. Turned the Bluetooth off and it never happened again. Turned it back on and started happening again. So it’s staying turned off until something comes up.

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
Does anyone have any more updates on this problem? My truck for the first time this winter started to do the pauses in audio. Temps have been the coldest they been all winter the last couple of days (slightly above zero during the day and below zero at night). The truck sat out in the cold more than it normally does today and paused started when it was started. It would do this at least once a week last winter so I was surprised it finally happened for the first time today. I was hoping that my new radio I had put in for the beeping noises I was getting over the speakers also got rid of the pauses in audio. I also had back up camera lines disappear too with the pauses. Are most people paying out of pocket for the new camera? Has anyone that has put in a new camera have the problems return? I am debating if I should order a new camera. I doubt my dealership will pay for any of it and will probably not even want to install it. (Been to the two most closest dealerships near me and they both suck, one might be slightly better at not sucking).

Last edited:

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Does anyone have any more updates on this problem? My truck for the first time this winter started to do the pauses in audio. Temps have been the coldest they been all winter the last couple of days (slightly above zero during the day and below zero at night). The truck sat out in the cold more than it normally does today and paused started when it was started. It would do this at least once a week last winter so I was surprised it finally happened for the first time today. I was hoping that my new radio I had put in for the beeping noises I was getting over the speakers also got rid of the pauses in audio. I also had back up camera lines disappear too with the pauses. Are most people paying out of pocket for the new camera? Has anyone that has put in a new camera have the problems return? I am debating if I should order a new camera. I doubt my dealership will pay for any of it and will probably not even want to install it. (Been to the two most closest dealerships near me and they both suck, one might be slightly better at not sucking).
My rear camera was replaced under warranty and I haven't had any issues since.

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
My rear camera was replaced under warranty and I haven't had any issues since.

Good to here. I am going to wait until my brake parts come in (been waiting about two months for those) and when I bring it in to get those installed I will see if they will cover the camera. It is a joke there is no TSB for this.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good to here. I am going to wait until my brake parts come in (been waiting about two months for those) and when I bring it in to get those installed I will see if they will cover the camera. It is a joke there is no TSB for this.

Are the brake parts the anti moan TSB for the rear brakes. Mine came in a week. Get them put on next week.

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
Are the brake parts the anti moan TSB for the rear brakes. Mine came in a week. Get them put on next week.

I have both the brake moan bulletin and the brake squeak bulletins ordered. The dealer ordered the parts once before and noticed when they were going to install that the wrong parts were ordered. I just called them recently and they said at least not until the middle of March. Seems to be a lot of people ordering those parts. Had the moan bulletin done once before but the bulletin was revised and at least for me the moan returned.

Last edited:

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
Update on my case. Having the two brake bulletins performed today. I brought in a video of my truck's radio cutting in and out and to my surprise the guy behind the desk said there is a star online publication for this issue. I just about crapped my pants right there. He even gave me a copy of the Star Online Publication. The odd thing is the bulletin is dated 10/16/2019. Checked the bulletins from this website and it is not listed here. The other thing is why have so many of us been told that there is no solution, its a software issue, or been left to figure this problem out themselves if a bulletin has been around since 10/16/2019? Makes no sense. Ram if you are listening get your **** together. Posting the bulletin below and I hope this helps many people get the problem solved and PAID FOR BY RAM. Posted the bulletin on the TSB part of the site to see if the mods will list it with the other bulletins. Seeing this bulletin made my day and by sharing it I hope I can help others get this problem fixed once a for all. My camera is now on order.

Attachments

• IMG_20200324_090326364[1].jpg
    IMG_20200324_090326364[1].jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Saberdemon

Reaction score
I dont Have a ram but my 2019 Cherokee uconnect system is also crap. I was Told by the dealership I had To suck it up until it was fixed. Chrysler gave me some song and dance which told me the same thing.

Bigalh79

Reaction score
Mine just started cutting in and out, are you guys that replaced the camera still trouble free or did your problems come back?

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
Mine just started cutting in and out, are you guys that replaced the camera still trouble free or did your problems come back?
Just had mine done 4/17 so far so good, but really won't know until fall or winter when the really cold weather returns. Warning up here. According to the above post looks like fix worked for them. Ram also has the bulletin for the problem that I posted above. Bring the bulletin in with you if you think you are going to get the run around.

T8erbug

Reaction score
Thanks for posting.
I own 2021 Rebel with 2600mi and am having this issue. Will update later to confirm fix

petersandler

Reaction score
Wow This forum blew up in the last day. That's good. If FCA can't figure it out we will!

1997pgt to answer your earlier question about my sister. She didn't even know about the problem (not involved in audio) but suggested we complain to FCA every day until it's fixed. The squeaky wheel.......

I agree with all your assessments except that it's definitely not temperature related.
I'm not so sure about that. I've experienced the same thing as Donbaragar where it happens way more often at near freezing temps, usually between 25 and 35F. When we had that bitter cold spell in Michigan a few weeks ago it actually happened less frequent.

Get Dirty has an interesting theory about cleaning the backup camera. It happens very frequently in snowy weather which would lead to dirty backup sensors.

Just wondering what areas everyone is experiencing these issues in? Cold weather States? Anyone from down south experiencing these same issues?
Just took delivery of my truck on April 26, 2022 and I have intermittent radio pauses on FM, XM, Carplay, in 50-70F degree weather.

Users who are viewing this thread