5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 12” media abilities

RT70808

Reaction score
Is this the enclosure (and which m.2 stick did you use?) that you used for your m.2 stick? Also, did you go USBc? Inquiring minds want to know! haha!
Yes, that’s the enclosure I used and I went usb c to usb c

Neocane

Reaction score
Yes, that’s the enclosure I used and I went usb c to usb c

Well now I'm stoked! I'll have to get a 1 TB stick to fit my entire music collection, so I'm wondering now if there is a size limit the usb c will read? For example, I have 490 GB of music files (future proof with 1 TB), will it recognize and let me browse the entire collection or only a small portion. Also wondering if it will read a "playlist" file?

RT70808

Reaction score
Well now I'm stoked! I'll have to get a 1 TB stick to fit my entire music collection, so I'm wondering now if there is a size limit the usb c will read? For example, I have 490 GB of music files (future proof with 1 TB), will it recognize and let me browse the entire collection or only a small portion. Also wondering if it will read a "playlist" file?
That’s what I’m waiting for the official response for, I was able to format the drive ntfs and browse music, but it didn’t have my “full” collection. We need to know filename size limits, number of folders, number of folders deep etc...

TrinityAlps

Reaction score
Success!!
Same drive formatted NTFS. I moved everything out of the “music” root folder and now everything is just drive\artist\album and it picked up 3,500 songs and the browse button didn’t take very long to become available. I’ll copy the other 200gigs over and see if it freaks out. View attachment 2898
Than you very much for the tip on formatting my samsung mini fit 128gb usb drive. When I first tried to use it in my truck it would not read anything. The flash drive was formatted the old style. So I reformatted it to NTFS and tried it again and now it works perfectly! I searched the internet with other uconnect systems and a lot of people have the same problem. I think if they reformat their drives like you did it would fix a lot of issues! Thanks again!

dalailama23

Reaction score
Using a 64 gig USB-C. Downloaded from my iTunes in its format, 3000 plus songs, in the first USB port ,reads right away and no problems. goes to FM every time i start my truck though, annoying .

wirles

Reaction score
Did anyone find anything else out? I have a 256gb thumb drive and it is only showing some of the files. Same thumb drive in my 2017 Charger showed 20,000. It had more but that was the Charger's file limit.

futuruss

Reaction score
Success!!
Same drive formatted NTFS. I moved everything out of the “music” root folder and now everything is just drive\artist\album and it picked up 3,500 songs and the browse button didn’t take very long to become available. I’ll copy the other 200gigs over and see if it freaks out. View attachment 2898
Got the same issue with SSD 1tb. Tomorrow will reformat to NTFS ... hopefully it will work

triadpc7605

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find out what the theoretical maximum # of folders and how many folders deep our uConnect 12" units can read on a single USB drive or external USB drive? I've got the same issue, around 12K files on a FAT32 formatted USB drive (which my 8.4" NAV Alpine system read just fine), but my uConnect 12" HK system won't read them all.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 8500 songs on a 32gb usb and it works just fine

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...what on earth are you guys talking about lol. Man I got some googling to do
Nerd alert! :geek:

I've got a spare 128GB M.2 SSD in an enclosure and I'll have to try and copy some music files over from my NAS to play with in the truck.

My guess is that the total file path is character limited by the OS that the infotainment system is running.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread