5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UCA's with ORP Springs & Lift

TDHawks

Reaction score
I recently added some beef to the truck and upgraded to a set of 18x9 -12 Methods and 295/70 Cooper AT3's. Love the way it rides compared to the 22's that were on it before. Matte black bolt lips on the way to replace the chrome. I have Eibach's set at 1.8" in the front for an even rake, although it is roughly a hair lower.

My question is, I am wanting to add ORP springs to add four corners to raise it an additional inch. I will also add Eibach's in the rear to compensate the additional height, which I would assume is needed??? With the front reaching almost 3", I am in the new UCA department. I could have sworn I read somewhere that some aftermarket UCA's don't work well (fit) with ORP springs and a lift. Is that true or is that my imagination from all the stuff I've read on here?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6185 Large.jpeg
    IMG_6185 Large.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 44

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anytime over 2" it's recommended for new UCA. ORP springs doesn't matter. Might want to research the ORP coils as I've seen some claim to not get much from them in the front. I believe Eibach sells separate coils F/R which might be worth looking into. Plus the struts/shocks will be valved for their coils for a matched ride.

Ready Go

Reaction score
ORP is only 1"
It sounds like ORP guys are saying the ORP springs are only 0.5" lift and the other 0.5" lift comes from the 33" tires...comparing back to a non-ORP spring truck with 32" tires.

I don't this idea has been put to bed yet, but I'm gonna find out eventually when I swap the ORPs onto my Eibachs on my L-G/T this spring.

I "thought" I'd put the ORP on with the 1.2" Clip #3 for 2.2" Front lift (and add my Mopar 2" UCAs at that time) and the rear ORPs for 1" Rear lift, but if these guys are correct, that will actually be about 1.75" F and 0.5" R lift from my non-ORP current setup.

I believe the Eibach springs are "true" to their measurements and their 1" rear spring is actually 1", but I got all four ORPs shipped for $176 and the Eibachs are ~$450.

I'm not going for huge lift as my garage door framing will limit my lift.

Depending on exact final lift, I'll decide if I'll use a 285/60-20 (~33.5") or 295/60-20 (~34") to clear the door..no way I'm leaving an $80k truck outside in Wisco winters!🥶

mrclortho

Reaction score
I recommend the UCA's. After my first set of ball joints on the stock ones with a 2.5" level, I learned. I am running the Ready Lift ones now with a 3.5" kit and they are very well made.

Ram04.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It sounds like ORP guys are saying the ORP springs are only 0.5" lift and the other 0.5" lift comes from the 33" tires...comparing back to a non-ORP spring truck with 32" tires.

I don't this idea has been put to bed yet, but I'm gonna find out eventually when I swap the ORPs onto my Eibachs on my L-G/T this spring.

I "thought" I'd put the ORP on with the 1.2" Clip #3 for 2.2" Front lift (and add my Mopar 2" UCAs at that time) and the rear ORPs for 1" Rear lift, but if these guys are correct, that will actually be about 1.75" F and 0.5" R lift from my non-ORP current setup.

I believe the Eibach springs are "true" to their measurements and their 1" rear spring is actually 1", but I got all four ORPs shipped for $176 and the Eibachs are ~$450.

Depending on exact final lift, I'll decide if I'll use a 285/60-20 (~33.5") or 295/60-20 (~34") to clear the door..no way I'm leaving an $80k truck outside in Wisco winters!🥶
hmm im not entirely sure about the actual lol never measured it... i'm just going off what the brochure says lol
Mine came off with ~400 miles on the clock so i never really measured the before and after.

TDHawks

Reaction score
If the ORP only gives half inch, it’s not worth it IMO. Truck is leveled, no rubbing. I’ll just go with a 3.5” in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_6198.jpeg
    IMG_6198.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 19

TDHawks

Reaction score

Did you get around to this project yet? Curious as to how much lift the actual ORP gave you.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Did you get around to this project yet? Curious as to how much lift the actual ORP gave you.
I'm getting close..probably in April I'll finally be able to get to it and then I'll post some specs and pics.

Users who are viewing this thread