5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UC5 OTA Update 2/5/2022

StealthTech6

Reaction score
I called uconnect on Friday asking how to force the update and they told me you can't. They release update in "blocks". They weren't able to tell me when I could get the update, but that I should call my dealer to have them update the software. I wasn't able to talk to anyone at the dealer when I called. Will call again Monday.

I'm still running FCA_RIL_ARM64_00.136.10.04.00.

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
My radio presets stopped working, did a reset and now I don’t have the cameras or power steps app. Will it come back eventually or am I screwed and have to take it in?

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
They will come back after a few cycles. Doesn't seem to be any pattern on how many though.

StealthTech6

Reaction score
I called uconnect on Friday asking how to force the update and they told me you can't. They release update in "blocks". They weren't able to tell me when I could get the update, but that I should call my dealer to have them update the software. I wasn't able to talk to anyone at the dealer when I called. Will call again Monday.

I'm still running FCA_RIL_ARM64_00.136.10.04.00.
Finally got in with the dealer. I'm updated to 141.01.12

Attachments

• PXL_20220414_153829871.jpg
    PXL_20220414_153829871.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 34

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today, my system decided to reset all the stations for XM and FM. Plus, it changed to light mode from dark, when dark is set to default. This UC5 is just mind boggling garbage

My truck was built June 2022 and it does both of these exact same things.

Question: I have the non-NAV unit. If I set up the "updates over WiFi" in the system, will the truck update automatically while it's parked in my garage at home connected to my WiFi?

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
Has anyone else lost their ability to use the TPMS through the UConnect5 System? Regardless of having a correct Tire Pressure via a Tire Gauge, the System notifies me via the screen cluster I have the wrong tire pressures in all 4 tires. It started with only one tire a couple months ago and now shows all tire pressures are out of sync each time I cycle the ignition, but I can assure you I have the correct pressure in all four tires. An actual pressure is shown on the cluster, but the psi is wrong for each tire. This tells me the Tire Sensors are working so I'm thinking the problem is in the UConnect5 System.

RAM Cares asked me to provide them the information they needed and they would look into it. The only thing I've gotten back from them since October 2022 is the fix should be in the next update. Unfortunately the newest Update isn't available for my VIN yet and no one knows when my VIN is eligible for the OTA update.

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
I believe that the 26.17 update is for the nav units

mine is a non nav unit
Thanks for that bit of information. I've only heard of the 27.17 update for the past several months, so it confused me. Still waiting for mine to auto update OTA.

Users who are viewing this thread