5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UC5 OTA Update 2/5/2022

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the update today for the 8.4 UC5.

Version 141.01.12

Improvements:
1. SXM radio stability improvements
2. Climate control screen improvements
3. Voice call improvements
4. Additional software improvement.

Last edited:

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gunna keep an eye on the update. My biggest issue was with SXM song alerts. The pop up would show a song alert, I would click to go to the song and it would be 2-3 songs later, or not play at all. So far, it seems they are playing when they should.

Reaction score
When mine updated, I lost my screen. Had to do a soft reset to get it back. Overall I haven't been impressed with the UC5. I sure hope the Sirius is better, i constantly got Antenna error

Sspearsau

Reaction score
Is there a way to force an update OTA? I have my UC5 connected to my home mesh network that extends well into my driveway (i.e. no connection issues - full signal), but it has not initiated an update. Just curious more than anything. Not experiencing too many issues other than some inconsistency with the Wireless CarPlay.

Reaction score
Also lost my camera icon and i can't add it back! And i've performed a 2nd soft reset.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The SXM song alerts are still messed up, but no other issues to report.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gunna keep an eye on the update. My biggest issue was with SXM song alerts. The pop up would show a song alert, I would click to go to the song and it would be 2-3 songs later, or not play at all. So far, it seems they are playing when they should.
I found a work around for the song alerts. When this happens, press the "Replay" button on the screen, then use the skip forward button to move to the song.

Vdubbry

Reaction score
Mine updated today. I hope it fixes my random rear camera blue screen. Everything else seems ok. I do notice that if I am listening to SXM and then say open Weather app or something that has multimedia when I close the app it does not go back to the SXM source. It stays on Car Play with no media playing. It did it earlier on another app also. Strange.

Vdubbry

Reaction score
Oh also I checked and it now can be remote started with Alexa. Not a feature I would use normally but thought it was cool to try it out. Worked great.

TruckNorris

Reaction score
New to forum. Can I upgrade my 2020 uconnect 4 to 5 for wireless apple car play?

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New to forum. Can I upgrade my 2020 uconnect 4 to 5 for wireless apple car play?
Hello, being new to the forum, post an introduction in this thread:

After that, post your stereo swap question in a stereo swap thread. This thread is for the most current UC5 OTA update. Have a good night. (y)

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems ever since the update, I now have a "Satellite Antenna Error" on start up, and my presets change by themselves. Ayone else have this issue?

Vdubbry

Reaction score
Seems ever since the update, I now have a "Satellite Antenna Error" on start up, and my presets change by themselves. Ayone else have this issue?
I had the Sat Antenna Error one time after the update and I just did a reboot by holding the power button down until it restarted and it hasn't happened since. Maybe that will work for you.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the Sat Antenna Error one time after the update and I just did a reboot by holding the power button down until it restarted and it hasn't happened since. Maybe that will work for you.
I'll try it. I also now have low tire pressure message on the radio. I will also check to see if fuses and relays are seated, as well as the battery terminals tight.

Reaction score
Today, my system decided to reset all the stations for XM and FM. Plus, it changed to light mode from dark, when dark is set to default. This UC5 is just mind boggling garbage

bombaman

Reaction score
Today, my system decided to reset all the stations for XM and FM. Plus, it changed to light mode from dark, when dark is set to default. This UC5 is just mind boggling garbage
With your truck off, if you open the passenger/rear doors, do you hear a speaker "pop"? If its the same problem as me, the radio turns on and off when the doors open/close and if you do it enough times, it looses customization.

Reaction score
With your truck off, if you open the passenger/rear doors, do you hear a speaker "pop"? If its the same problem as me, the radio turns on and off when the doors open/close and if you do it enough times, it looses customization.
Yes it sure does! Mine does it with every door, every opening. What's the fix?

Users who are viewing this thread