5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UC5 Issues

Rdimit62

Reaction score
I had a 2021 Power Wagon and only had minor issues with Uconnect. I now have a 2023 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel. Here are the issues I'm having and am wondering if anyone else has and if so, did you find a remedy.

The different volume controls will not stay at the level I set them. My phone rings and about blows out my speakers as an example.

The screen will not switch from light to dark with the headlights.

It will not connect to Carplay if I am using my phone hotspot for my laptop.

That's all I can remember at this point.

Ready Go

Reaction score
I had a 2021 Power Wagon and only had minor issues with Uconnect. I now have a 2023 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel. Here are the issues I'm having and am wondering if anyone else has and if so, did you find a remedy.

The different volume controls will not stay at the level I set them. My phone rings and about blows out my speakers as an example.

The screen will not switch from light to dark with the headlights.

It will not connect to Carplay if I am using my phone hotspot for my laptop.

That's all I can remember at this point.
The volumes and lights have to be dongled in the U5.
Can set the different "set" volumes for a number of things in there and can set the guages to "Auto" for Dark/Light changes..not sure if "auto" to the switch..I think judt to the dash mounted light sensor(?).

Users who are viewing this thread