5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U11e9 faults

shore

Reaction score
So as I understand this, it's a bus fault/communication loss. I do have the active shutters and air damn. Upon initial start the grill shutters do not cycle. I assume they should? Truck has 54k on it, 2019. Remote start won't work but it still goes in ECO mode.
Things I have done after clearing the code.
Code does not appear on restart after clearing. However, on the 2nd start it pops up. Like clockwork.

1. Pulled upper Rad cover/shield and inspected for debris or obvious issues. Looks like new.
2. Followed harness to shutter motor and made sure it was seated, it was to my feel.
3. Checked blades for any movement and they do not move at all.
4. Fuse is good and clean.
5. I have not touched the active air dam or any of its motors/harness. Not sure these two are related in this fault code?

I'm pretty handy, what's next for me to try?

bcvlj

Reaction score
I am having the EXACT same issue. About the same mileage too. I did the same inspection as you and found no issues. Any progress?

bcvlj

Reaction score
shore,

I was able to fix my code by unplugging the air dam. Then clearing the fault code. I have had no return of the fault. However, I am no longer using the air dam but that is fine with me. I suspect the motor went bad.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was thinking that would work since unplugging the air dam doesn't trigger a fault. Thanks for confirming this. I've removed both air dams completely on both of our trucks because the wife and I like the look better. It also gives several more inches of front bumper clearance with them removed.

Becky

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Laramie is throwing a CEL for the Active Grille Shutter assembly. I ordered a new one and put it on today and it doesn't self test on start up and still throwing a code. I checked the fuses and that seems fine. Can the Active air dam cause the shutters not to work?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've read in other threads that an issue with the active air dam can throw a code for the active grille shutters. Try unplugging the active air dam and reset the codes. Then see if the code comes back without the active air dam plugged in.

ebland0724

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Laramie is throwing a CEL for the Active Grille Shutter assembly. I ordered a new one and put it on today and it doesn't self test on start up and still throwing a code. I checked the fuses and that seems fine. Can the Active air dam cause the shutters not to work?
Did you ever get a resolution to this? My 2019 just threw the U11E9 code... would like to know what you did to correct it.

Georgf

Reaction score
There was the same problem, after disabling AAD there are no more errors, AGS works as it should. But I would like to fix AAD and install it back. If someone understands what is the cause of the error and how to fix it, I would be grateful.

Wilsonwanderings

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem. Hoping someone with more alpha obd experience can give me some pointers. I put on a new bumper, which obviously kills the aad. I had pulled the lower dam quite a while ago with no issues but now the one above it had to go also. I was getting an AGS code and initially thought that I needed to disable it as well as the aad. However something is up with alpha and it isn't completing some operations. I cannot seem to disable the aad at all with the AAD NOT PRESENT config change and I can't seem to undo the AGS NOT PRESENT change that I did by mistake. Now I have all of these codes showing and can't seem to clear them. Ignore the low voltage one. Not sure about the particulate one but it is intermittent. Mostly want to clear the AAD and AGS codes. I was also unable to test the AGS because it wouldn't connect. Appreciate any thoughts. Screenshot_20220815-151514_AlfaOBD.jpg Screenshot_20220815-151605_AlfaOBD.jpg Screenshot_20220815-151610_AlfaOBD.jpg Screenshot_20220815-151615_AlfaOBD.jpg Screenshot_20220815-151621_AlfaOBD.jpg Screenshot_20220815-151627_AlfaOBD.jpg Screenshot_20220815-152210_AlfaOBD.jpg Screenshot_20220813-085944_AlfaOBD.jpg

Wilsonwanderings

Reaction score
Just to wrap this up, all codes now cleared. No solution found for the AGS code other than zip tying the motor as others have done. Most of the others are because I disconnected the banks OBD cable to read codes but forgot to install the bypass for it. Doh.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just to wrap this up, all codes now cleared. No solution found for the AGS code other than zip tying the motor as others have done. Most of the others are because I disconnected the banks OBD cable to read codes but forgot to install the bypass for it. Doh.
I’ve never had an issue with leaving the obdII cable off and still having the banks in the regular configuration. You sure that was the cause?

Also, how many of you guys are on the OEM battery that’s 3+ years old?

Wilsonwanderings

Reaction score
I’ve never had an issue with leaving the obdII cable off and still having the banks in the regular configuration. You sure that was the cause?

Also, how many of you guys are on the OEM battery that’s 3+ years old?
Not 100% I guess, but they cleared when I put in the bypass plug and all are gone now with the AGS motor reinstalled.

howster

Reaction score
shore,

I was able to fix my code by unplugging the air dam. Then clearing the fault code. I have had no return of the fault. However, I am no longer using the air dam but that is fine with me. I suspect the motor went bad.
I've been having the U11E9 AGS code and unplugged the Air Dam and cleared the code using he ODB scanner. When the air dam is unplugged however my rear camera and radio lose functionality. Guess all I can do now is replug air dam plug and wait and see if error code comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online