5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U11E9 Code questions...

bassadict69

Reaction score
What exactly does the active air dam do?
If I unplug it, I assume the grille shutter continues to work?
If the grill shutter still works, does it cycle when the truck is first started.
I read something about a letter saying the warranty was extended for this issue...is that letter available online somewhere?

bassadict69

Reaction score
Damn! Crickets in here!

Come on guys, I know this has all been discussed before, but I cannot find where it says exactly what the dang this is good for? If we can unplug it without concern or issues, why is it there to begin with?

How difficult is it to get to the harness to unplug it? I'd like to try that and reset the light and see if it stays off. The dealership can't even get me in for over a month just to look at it.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Search results

bassadict69

Reaction score
Thanks for the links! I have the air dam unplugged now, the plug taped up and taped up to the frame. Hopefully tomorrow O Reilly will reset the code and we will see if it stays off.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
AAD doesn’t really do anything. The AGS will continue to work without it. Once the code it cleared you’ll be good. That’s exactly what I did.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
biggest joke of a gimmick in the history of gimmicks....I have one, it does nothing to help with mileage...kind of like the lowering to "Aero" level at speed....ok, so you go from 14.7 miles a gallon average, to 14.6.....WHOOPIE!!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
biggest joke of a gimmick in the history of gimmicks....I have one, it does nothing to help with mileage...kind of like the lowering to "Aero" level at speed....ok, so you go from 14.7 miles a gallon average, to 14.6.....WHOOPIE!!
Yea. It’s EPA govt bull crap to try and squeak out every once of mpg they can.

Users who are viewing this thread