5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U11E9 Code for AGS communication

LemonsRacer

Reaction score
Hi all, I've done a ton of research but can't seem to find someone else who is having the exact issue I'm having. I have a 2019 Bighorn with Tech 2 package. I've got a check engine light (CEL) for code U11E9 (Lost communication with AGS). I know this can be related to the active air dam (AAD) or the active grill shutters (AGS). To diagnose I disconnected the AAD (seems others have been able to disconnect the AAD with no CEL). Light is still on. Then I checked on the wires to the AGS since apparently it's common for them to corrode. I cut back the tape and could not find any corrosion. I checked continuity from the red wire back to fuse 18 and it's good and the black wire to ground and it's good. I don't know where the white wire goes (other than that it's communication from the AGS BUS) so I couldn't check continuity, but didn't see any corrosion so I'm going to assume it's good. If I manually move the shutters to close and then plug the connector back in they will move to open. Other than that I don't get any movement from the shutters. My understanding is that they should cycle at start up? Can anyone confirm? Seeing as I can get them to move when manually closing and plugging the connector in it seems like the actuator is okay. Could this be a communication issue from the bus? Anyone know where the AGS BUS module is located and how to test it? Should I just replace the AGS (PN 68405073AD)? I can't get this CEL code to go away!! Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

RobsRam

Reaction score
My truck is in the shop now to replace Air Dam Motor. Here is dealers diagnostic and part number. Just so you know ram extended the warranty for 8 years on Air shutter and dam.

Attachments

• IMG_3207.jpeg
    IMG_3207.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 10

LemonsRacer

Reaction score
Thanks RobsRam. I don't think the AAD is the issue since I've got it unplugged currently, cleared the code, and it comes right back after next key on. Unfortunately Ram did not extend the warranty for every one. I was told by the dealer that my VIN doesn't qualify for the extended warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread