5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connect price

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I called about renewing my u connect subscription on my jeep which will be a year old in a few days. They told me $249 a year. I told them the remote start on my phone is nice along with the location info and vehicle info but no way is it worth that. They said they would do 6 months for $60 but i had to give them my credit card info for them to renew at the full price later. That seems way too high for what you get. What do you think? No way i'm renewing my truck at that price either.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some have suggested to let it expire and see what pricing they offer. I let it expire when I owned my gen 4 Laramie.

Never called to check renewal pricing.

the remote In my pocket can auto start my truck from about a football field where I park at the office, which is plenty far enough for my needs.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah it's a total scam. You'd think that after dropping $65K on a vehicle FCA would give you a few years of basic service as a thank you or perk, but no. My wife's 2017 Escape has the equivalent Ford Pass app that is free for 3 years.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I'm gonna let it expire for sure. You would think they would make more money lowering it to a fair price and get customers to keep it. I have signal problems with it anyway and it is slow to go. Someone should come with a app that could be programmed to your vehicle using your phone to do the same thing. Sirius [which is who handles this] is good at ripping people off for their services.

Users who are viewing this thread