5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typical Stellantis…

Reaction score
The Ram Revolution is/was supposed to come out in the 4th Quarter of 2024. Here we are 10-days into the 4th Quarter of FY24 & still not even the slightest peep about the Revolution: its actual costs, its options and their costs, etc. Just cricket noises… 🦗🦗🦗

Stellantis has so much inner turmoil issues within the parent company, that I’d be surprised if the Revolution came out before 1st Quarter 2025 ends (when the Ramcharger is supposed to be released).

That would also mean that the Ramcharger will also be late getting to market.

The fact that Ram or Stellantis haven’t released ANY updates of any kind for close to a year… this is concerning.

Attachments

• IMG_4912.png
    IMG_4912.png
    346.2 KB · Views: 57
This article says Q1 2025.

This article says Q1 2025.

That article is the European Market. U.S. market is supposed to be Q4 2024.

Wrong. It appears it's been pushed back, see the last paragraph of the article.

View attachment 191038

Good luck buying the first year of that truck, if you think Stellantis got the launch of the 2025s wrong...
Ram’s own page says “Coming Q4 2024” repetitively. So either they aren’t being truthful or something else is up.

The Ramcharger states “Coming Q1 2025”… so they are either not being truthful or something else is up.

Stellantis I feel is seriously dropping the ball to be honest. I personally think they are way behind schedule and don’t want to let the populous know because of all the deposits that were paid in (just like the stupid Cybertruck’s launch).

Attachments

• IMG_4917.jpeg
    IMG_4917.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I suspect COVID taught the manufactures that it's more profitable to maintain a smaller inventory than it is to have so many vehicles sitting on lots that they have to offer huge rebates just to get rid of them.

Stellantis ended production of the Classic line but they did not move that manufacturing capacity to producing more 5th gen trucks. They shut down those shifts and laid off employees.

Stellantis screwed their faithful customers during Covid. This is the bed thy have made for themselves. I’ve been a Dodge man all of my life. I switched to Ford for my HD farm trucks is 2022. I did buy a 2025 Ram 1500, but only because of the extreme rebates and discounts. Stellatis can crash and burn as far as I am concerned. Bring on the next owners

Seems like my feelings towards Stellantis is mirrored by many! 😳

They have dropped the ball BIG TIME by letting their parent company falter so badly internally! It’s truly sad; because they have a potential game changer and market leader with the upcoming Ram Ramcharger ( asked off of a supersized Chevy Volt PHEV design)!

I truly think/feel that the Ramcharger could be a game changer for Ram and they might sell large numbers of that model until better battery technology emerges (new Sodium and Solid State high voltage architecture battery system if 800V and higher; including batteries like NXU designs that use Megawatt Charging… 1.3+MW to be precise.).

However; until Stellantis gets their **** together… it’s going to be the same old failures at play… dragging Ram down with the parent company.

Quarter after quarter after quarter sales keep falling. This began when Stellantis announced to the nation that V8 engines were going away forever. Lots of guys on this forum think losing the V8s has nothing to do with it. How long do these sales numbers need to keep falling until they realize otherwise?

At this rate, Stellantis will bleed out before we ever see a Ramcharger or REV.

It's all about IMAGE. If you show that you're committed to building what people want, they'll come. If you say "we're going to hug trees from now on" guys will go elsewhere.

"Even Jeep is struggling as deliveries in Q3 2024 dropped by 6% to 144,963 units. Demand has diminished by 8% to 449,149 vehicles through the first nine months of the year. Ram isn't improving either since sales were 19% lower in the third quarter, at 108,925 units. The company suffered a 24% decline from January to September to 309,718 trucks and vans." -Motor1 article excerpt

Ram use to offer more for less, not anymore with all the price increases. That along with no V8 and its no surprise sales are way down. The electric trucks are delayed because they know there is no way to make money from them.
They still offer the most for the money…

…however; my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited sticker’d for around $65k fully loaded. Now the exact same configuration for a 2024 is $75+k. A $10-grand increase in 5 freaking years with nothing different added! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ This is what is epically asinine.

Stellanus is a joke right now. They are trying to stop the toilet bowl flush swirling. It is very bad right now. It looks like/acts like bankruptcy days are coming.

Quarter after quarter after quarter sales keep falling. This began when Stellantis announced to the nation that V8 engines were going away forever. Lots of guys on this forum think losing the V8s has nothing to do with it. How long do these sales numbers need to keep falling until they realize otherwise?

At this rate, Stellantis will bleed out before we ever see a Ramcharger or REV.

It's all about IMAGE. If you show that you're committed to building what people want, they'll come. If you say "we're going to hug trees from now on" guys will go elsewhere.

"Even Jeep is struggling as deliveries in Q3 2024 dropped by 6% to 144,963 units. Demand has diminished by 8% to 449,149 vehicles through the first nine months of the year. Ram isn't improving either since sales were 19% lower in the third quarter, at 108,925 units. The company suffered a 24% decline from January to September to 309,718 trucks and vans." -Motor1 article excerpt
Price is killing Jeep, RAM as well. They've forgotten their core market and keep pushing MSROs up. Most can't afford the payments and the typical depreciation makes what always was a hard hit to the wallet even worse.

It's not just the "domestic 3", look at what new Toyota (Taco, Tundra) prices are like now.

Manufacturers raped folks during Covid and now that's come home to roost.

I suspect COVID taught the manufactures that it's more profitable to maintain a smaller inventory than it is to have so many vehicles sitting on lots that they have to offer huge rebates just to get rid of them.

Stellantis ended production of the Classic line but they did not move that manufacturing capacity to producing more 5th gen trucks. They shut down those shifts and laid off employees.
Ordinarily I would agree with keeping inventory low. That is my Job. But the key to that is making sure you have enough of the right kind of products you offer a available for purchase in a region that’s efficient for dealers to utilize the trading scenarios. Stellantis is poor at that and it’s costing them to lose respect with their customers. Dealer Lots are packed with 2025 big horns and base level Laramies. There are virtually no upscale models on lots in my area. They need to balance out all the models on the dealer lots in each region to be successful. In my opinion within a 200 mile radius a dealer should be able to find any model, color etc. to do this they need to create effective and efficient geographic dealer regions and focus allocations toward that goal. For example It makes no sense to have 100 different base laramies in a 200 mile radius for example and 0 level 2 Rebels Thats just not efficient or a sustainable business model. But what do I know I have only been in inventory management for 38 years . Lol
2nd they need to put an end to these poor launches of products. To spend 3 months on a new release and all you make is the lower trimmed model with the least margin of the release only to sit on dealer lots with minimal sales cost money when you have high margin models with sold orders in the order books.

Again corporate dropped the ball here somewhere and cost them some money as they had to have some canceled ordered because people just don’t want to wait a year for a purchase they have thousands of dollars tied up in to make that order. In my business we are selling products right now for next year. If We get to time they need this product and I don’t have it in my inventory for them when they have had it ordered for 6 months that’s my rear end. Occasionally like in 2020 we had a shortage and allocations once I found that out the communication started with the customers.

Again the key is communicating and stellantis is really poor at that. Hell I was really close to walking away from my order. And I know there were some that did.
Their business plan might work across the pond. But they won’t be around long here working this way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back