5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyger T1 Tonneau Cover

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I installed my T3 last week, and after install, even with the front bulkhead seal in place, you can see daylight on both sides where the bed rails are higher than the bulkhead rail.

Still, after a gully washer last night, there didn't seem to be much, if any, water in the bed. Granted, I wasn't driving it - the truck was parked all night - but still, that's impressive.

This is a nice-looking tonneau cover that truly is easy to install/remove.

I plan to remove it for snow storms >6", to prevent too much weight from sitting on it. That, or fold it into the open position and click the safety straps in place. What are other people doing?

-John

Reactions: Jtr

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed my T3 last week, and after install, even with the front bulkhead seal in place, you can see daylight on both sides where the bed rails are higher than the bulkhead rail.

Still, after a gully washer last night, there didn't seem to be much, if any, water in the bed. Granted, I wasn't driving it - the truck was parked all night - but still, that's impressive.

This is a nice-looking tonneau cover that truly is easy to install/remove.

I plan to remove it for snow storms >6", to prevent too much weight from sitting on it. That, or fold it into the open position and click the safety straps in place. What are other people doing?

-John

I think there have been other questions on this site wondering if anyone has tested it under the heavy weight of a considerable snow. I am also curious. I live in an intermediate climate where +4" snows are seldom but it would be good to know this info in the event we see a considerable snow event.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I think there have been other questions on this site wondering if anyone has tested it under the heavy weight of a considerable snow. I am also curious. I live in an intermediate climate where +4" snows are seldom but it would be good to know this info in the event we see a considerable snow event.

Yeah, that's basically it... we get some smaller snow storms, but occasionally we get upwards of 24" in one storm. Most are 5-10" though.

On my last truck, I had an under-cover tool box, so I bought a hitch-mounted carrier to haul my snow thrower in. I also had a BAK Revolver X2 cover on the truck, which could handle up to 400lbs "evenly distributed" as per the mfg.

-John

Tilter

Reaction score
I'll pass - I'd rather spend a little more for something not made in China.

Hambonehead

Reaction score
I bought the T3 and using the includes seal at the front I cannot see any daylight. Install was super easy. I didn’t have to adjust the rear clamps to make it sit completely flat and seal well. So far seems like a nice tonneau cover. I have no fears of snow this winter here in the midwest. I’ve had Tyger products before and they have been excellent quality.

Attachments

• 350E9A01-A9B8-43F1-992F-6C38D8E6C285.jpeg
    350E9A01-A9B8-43F1-992F-6C38D8E6C285.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 6DDFD432-A8D6-41AA-A732-432388542B22.jpeg
    6DDFD432-A8D6-41AA-A732-432388542B22.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Jtr

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the T3 and using the includes seal at the front I cannot see any daylight. Install was super easy. I didn’t have to adjust the rear clamps to make it sit completely flat and seal well. So far seems like a nice tonneau cover. I have no fears of snow this winter here in the midwest. I’ve had Tyger products before and they have been excellent quality.
I'm glad you are liking it. I've had my new T1 on the rig the last months baking in hot temps without any discoloration. I am hoping for a heavy snow this winter where I can test it. :D

Hambonehead

Reaction score
Took the truck through a couple car washes now and been out in the rain at work and have had zero water in the bed with the Tyger T3 cover. I had a roll up on my previous truck and it was a pain to roll by myself and it look decent. So far I love the trifold and have used it several times. It’s been well worth the price tag, hell it would be worth it if it still cost $100 or so more.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
FWIW, I loaded up my truck with family and cargo and drove to the beach on vacation. About 20 mins from our destination, we got POURED on. I didn't notice any more than maybe a few drops of water in the bed. It rained a couple of times with heavy winds while we were there, and still the bed was dry. I don't require 100% water blocking, so it's met my needs in that area.

Also, the T3 was easy to open and re-latch when I was done loading and unloading.

-John

Hambonehead

Reaction score
FWIW, I loaded up my truck with family and cargo and drove to the beach on vacation. About 20 mins from our destination, we got POURED on. I didn't notice any more than maybe a few drops of water in the bed. It rained a couple of times with heavy winds while we were there, and still the bed was dry. I don't require 100% water blocking, so it's met my needs in that area.

Also, the T3 was easy to open and re-latch when I was done loading and unloading.

-John

Did you use the included foam weather strip at the front of the bed?

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Did you use the included foam weather strip at the front of the bed?

Yep, sure did! The center section of my bed is lower than the bed rails by enough that the cover has a curve in it where it dips down in the middle, creating a slight gap at both sides.

Doesn't seem to allow much - if any - water to intrude into the bed, so I'm happy with it. If I find it leaking, I'm thinking I'll add the second piece of weather stripping that was in the box with the cover.

-John

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Checking in on any updates now that it has been several months/change of weather etc, please let me know your thoughts?

I am considering the T3 for usage when I travel from FL to PA. The cost makes it worth it/just concerned with highway+ speeds which I am thinking the clamps do their job but would like input on this issue along with wind noise on highway???

I am in SouthWest Florida so the sun will definitely beat on it...anyone have issues with above normal wear/tear?

Thanks!!!!

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Checking in on any updates now that it has been several months/change of weather etc, please let me know your thoughts?

I am considering the T3 for usage when I travel from FL to PA. The cost makes it worth it/just concerned with highway+ speeds which I am thinking the clamps do their job but would like input on this issue along with wind noise on highway???

I am in SouthWest Florida so the sun will definitely beat on it...anyone have issues with above normal wear/tear?

Thanks!!!!

I've had the T3 on my truck since August... it's been nice. Doesn't move - the clamps keep it in place - and the fluttering from wind doesn't reach the cab of the truck.

I've been happy with it so far. Had a couple of inches of snow on it, several frosts, no issues yet.

For the price, I'll replace it every couple of years and still be ahead of the game versus the expensive vinyl-over-aluminum covers I've used in the past.

-John

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I've had the T3 on my truck since August... it's been nice. Doesn't move - the clamps keep it in place - and the fluttering from wind doesn't reach the cab of the truck.

I've been happy with it so far. Had a couple of inches of snow on it, several frosts, no issues yet.

For the price, I'll replace it every couple of years and still be ahead of the game versus the expensive vinyl-over-aluminum covers I've used in the past.

-John

Thanks John!!!

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks!!!!
T1 has been rock solid for me. No color fading as well, over the last year. I would buy Tyger again and be happy with the few hundred extra dollars in my pocket compared to what I would spend on other brands.

techno96

Reaction score
So, you guys still happy a year later? I'm looking at a T1 or T3 for my incoming truck.

Users who are viewing this thread