5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyger soft tri fold

Cross88

Reaction score
Just installed my tonneau cover the other night. Easy installation, looks great, fantastic packaging. Here’s a few pics.

Attachments

• 25CA86A6-6D3E-420A-A4F3-9B79FC8CB1F2.jpeg
    25CA86A6-6D3E-420A-A4F3-9B79FC8CB1F2.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 150
  • 72C0BE3D-46DF-4E05-9543-B84CC1145E61.jpeg
    72C0BE3D-46DF-4E05-9543-B84CC1145E61.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 3A4E0E7C-9830-44E1-AC7C-4FC46596EDD4.jpeg
    3A4E0E7C-9830-44E1-AC7C-4FC46596EDD4.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 157

Jeromy85

Reaction score
Just installed my tonneau cover the other night. Easy installation, looks great, fantastic packaging. Here’s a few pics.
Looks good I have the same one.....question how did you adjust the lock down brackets so that they are perpendicular to the metal under rail on the bed....when I tighten down the front bolts it has a tendency to start pulling the metal bed at an angle and for the life of me I can’t get it to align straight so there is no bend when tightened.

Cross88

Reaction score
Looks good I have the same one.....question how did you adjust the lock down brackets so that they are perpendicular to the metal under rail on the bed....when I tighten down the front bolts it has a tendency to start pulling the metal bed at an angle and for the life of me I can’t get it to align straight so there is no bend when tightened.

Well in all honesty, I didn’t trim my factory plastic bed rail trim, and I just got it as straight and as evenly tight as I could. Same for the front. It’s on their straight, tight and no issues thus far. No noises like it’s not secure, and I’m almost 100% positive my bedrail isn’t bending. I also didn’t use the clamp pads, as it’s a truck bed lol. I don’t have a liner yet, and only plan on a bedmat or bedrug mat. I already have a bunch of scratches in the bed but I personally don’t really care all that much about it. To me the directions seemed a little overly specific, because I know mines going no where. This probably doesn’t help much nor really answer your question, but it’s my experience with the installation and I’ve had no issues thus far.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had the same one on my truck for 5-6 months now. Great price, almost perfect fit but it does allow some water to get in. it's minimal but it will allow water to get in certain areas.

Smerberj

Reaction score
I have the same one, $190 on Amazon. Only leaks at the tailgate but it's very minimal. All in all I absolutely love it.

ryant601

Reaction score
I feel like there's a huge gap where it sits in the middle on the tailgate...is that normal? Water is almost certainly going to get in there.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I am looking to get the Tyger Tonneau soft tri-fold soon. Anyone come up with a work around to eliminate the little water that gets in near the tailgate?

Cover will be mainly for when I travel...still don't want the rain in there.

Smerberj

Reaction score
I am looking to get the Tyger Tonneau soft tri-fold soon. Anyone come up with a work around to eliminate the little water that gets in near the tailgate?

Cover will be mainly for when I travel...still don't want the rain in there.
You can apply the provided weather stripping on your tailgate but you'd see it everytime you'd drop the tailgate.

ej23

Reaction score
Very happen with mine. Been on since September. I have taken long freeway drives in the pouring rain and regular trips through the car wash. Really have not noticed water inside to any extent. Well worth the cost as far as I am concerned.

ryant601

Reaction score
Having same issues as we speak. Water tight everywhere except where there's an obvious gap between cover and top of tailgate right in the center. I guess it's bowed to help drainage. I have emails out to Tyger and they seem to say it's normal, but if it bothers me to put some stripping back there. I'm having some issues finding some that'll stick to the plastic on the tailgate. If anyone has some pointers, please share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online