5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two questions regarding 5th gen Laramie (cigarette lighter power and seat belt chime)

elenabremn47

Reaction score
With my 2019 Laramie, I was able to disable the seat belt chime with the click 3 times in 10 seconds trick. However, I tried to do it on my 2020 Laramie but it seems like it does not work. Has anyone else been able to disable that chime for the 2020 models?
Also, on my 2019, it would kill the power to my dashboard cigarette lighter, therefore making sure my dash cam no longer runs. However, on 2020, it seems like the power is always on to the cigarette lighter. Is there a way to kill the power to the cigarette lighter when I power off the engine?
Thank you. https://19216811.cam/

Last edited:

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick and easy fuse switch to control power off with ignition - manual does cover it to let you know exactly which fuse. The panel is located under the steering wheel

Few methods for the ding. YouTube has a couple of videos on how to, and stuff like tazer dt can disable as well

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I used the 3 click method on my 2020. Make sure the door is shut and everything is booted up before trying.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

leeroy300

Reaction score
With my 2019 Laramie, I was able to disable the seat belt chime with the click 3 times in 10 seconds trick. However, I tried to do it on my 2020 Laramie but it seems like it does not work. Has anyone else been able to disable that chime for the 2020 models?
Also, on my 2019, it would kill the power to my dashboard cigarette lighter, therefore making sure my dash cam no longer runs. However, on 2020, it seems like the power is always on to the cigarette lighter. Is there a way to kill the power to the cigarette lighter when I power off the engine?
Thank you.
worked in my 202 laramie

JbVt

Reaction score
Seatbelt chime disable worked on my 2020 bighorn.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Three click method worked on my 2020 laramie. No clue on the dash outlet though.

Users who are viewing this thread