5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two questions about 3.5" lifts...stock 20s and rear helper bags

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
Going to install my 3.5" readylift kit in a week or two. I feel like I remember reading a while back that the stock 20's (regular 5 spoke/non sport) won't fit with the 3.5" without a spacer. I also read from a member on here that you couldn't use the air lift helper bags with the rear lift from this kit. Anybody have some truth on either of these?

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
You will want to run spacers, otherwise you will rub (assuming you are getting bigger tires as well to match the lifted look). I put on 1.5" bora spacers and it has the right stance now, and tires don't go beyond my fender flares.

In regards to the rear, no need in putting on the rear spacer if you are running rear air lift bags. I have this setup and just run 15-20 lbs of air in my springs and can fine tune the rear height/ride just fine.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Going to install my 3.5" readylift kit in a week or two. I feel like I remember reading a while back that the stock 20's (regular 5 spoke/non sport) won't fit with the 3.5" without a spacer. I also read from a member on here that you couldn't use the air lift helper bags with the rear lift from this kit. Anybody have some truth on either of these?
I have the 3.5” ready lift kit , with the air lift 1000hd helper bags, works perfect for me I haven’t had any issue . Great for towing the car too helps out a lot

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
You will want to run spacers, otherwise you will rub (assuming you are getting bigger tires as well to match the lifted look). I put on 1.5" bora spacers and it has the right stance now, and tires don't go beyond my fender flares.

In regards to the rear, no need in putting on the rear spacer if you are running rear air lift bags. I have this setup and just run 15-20 lbs of air in my springs and can fine tune the rear height/ride just fine.

I am going with 285/65 ridge grapplers, do you know how close that will be? Is it the UCAs I should be concerned about rubbing? Do you think I could get away with just a 1/4" spacer? I will probably go with the bora spacers later but I like to do a little at a time so i can see what it looks like and how i want to adjust it instead of ordering everything at once and hope it looks right

Users who are viewing this thread