5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two inches to short??

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
So yesterday I decided to replace my wobly varam intake with this mopar intake and found out its two inches to short. I was in a bind, so I cut two inches off the varam intake tube and cut the lip off my old throttle body as a temporary fix. It looks bad and the sensor wire is in a bind, but it doesn't leak. Has anyone else ran into this issue and found a fix?

1708980603681.jpeg

1708980617017.jpeg
1708980632196.jpeg 1708980651782.jpeg
1708980664179.jpeg
1708980675870.jpeg

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues and looks like the front is sitting too high? I'd have to look at mine.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So yesterday I decided to replace my wobly varam intake with this mopar intake and found out its two inches to short. I was in a bind, so I cut two inches off the varam intake tube and cut the lip off my old throttle body as a temporary fix. It looks bad and the sensor wire is in a bind, but it doesn't leak. Has anyone else ran into this issue and found a fix?

Hate to be Captain Obvious, but one possible fix would be to remove the 2" body lift. Maybe that's why the Vararam was wobbly before. :oops:

Or do what you did, make an adapter from materials you can source locally. I'd have thought some tubing would be available cheaper than cutting up a throttle body, but if it works for you I'm fine with it. :)

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
Hate to be Captain Obvious, but one possible fix would be to remove the 2" body lift. Maybe that's why the Vararam was wobbly before. :oops:

Or do what you did, make an adapter from materials you can source locally. I'd have thought some tubing would be available cheaper than cutting up a throttle body, but if it works for you I'm fine with it. :)

Thank you cpt. obvious, because that makes sense and I didn't even think about that. Like I stated above, chopping the throttlebody was a fast fix because this is my work truck. I will just look for a better clamp and extend the sensor wires.

Users who are viewing this thread