5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two different Monroney labels

hockeyboy

Reaction score
I thought I'd post a head scratcher. My truck is a 22 Bighorn, and it has the Night package amongst other options. The window sticker that I found in the glove box shows no Night package. The sticker that can be found online shows it with the Night package. Both VIN numbers are indeed the same. Naturally, without the Night package, the sticker prices are different. This seems literally impossible to me. I suppose it doesn't really matter, but it's very curious. Anyone have any thoughts?

John Galt

Reaction score
Did you verify that they both are stickers for the same VIN? Maybe one is a partial sticker somehow and was printed wrong?

If the online dodge tool is pulling up the night package then it came from the factory with the night package. Maybe the other sticker came from a third party site that goes by decoding the VIN itself and only has information that would come from that? The VIN encodes things like body style, trim level motor, etorque, 2 vs 4WD, SRW vs DRW, but not optional packages. (KBB does this for example and I think Carfax too)

The one you got from the lookup on the RAM site should be the authoritative one unless it’s a really old vehicle.

hockeyboy

Reaction score
Did you verify that they both are stickers for the same VIN? Maybe one is a partial sticker somehow and was printed wrong?

If the online dodge tool is pulling up the night package then it came from the factory with the night package. Maybe the other sticker came from a third party site that goes by decoding the VIN itself and only has information that would come from that? The VIN encodes things like body style, trim level motor, etorque, 2 vs 4WD, SRW vs DRW, but not optional packages. (KBB does this for example and I think Carfax too)

The one you got from the lookup on the RAM site should be the authoritative one unless it’s a really old vehicle.
All perfectly reasonable and logical thoughts. The one on the RAM lookup site shows the build of the vehicle correctly. I looked up the build sheet as well, everything looks good. The one that does not show the Night package was in the glove box, and as near as I can tell is the one from the window of the vehicle. It's got the thick backing, stickiness, etc. It shows the dealer who took delivery, etc. Also, the VIN numbers are indeed exactly the same. Quite odd I would say.

John Galt

Reaction score
Even weirder is that a dealer would want to post a sticker with a LOWER value for the vehicle due to missing package….

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All perfectly reasonable and logical thoughts. The one on the RAM lookup site shows the build of the vehicle correctly. I looked up the build sheet as well, everything looks good. The one that does not show the Night package was in the glove box, and as near as I can tell is the one from the window of the vehicle. It's got the thick backing, stickiness, etc. It shows the dealer who took delivery, etc. Also, the VIN numbers are indeed exactly the same. Quite odd I would say.
I'd like to look into this a little, as it is indeed odd (and I've never heard of it before). Can you share the last 6 digits of your VIN?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So to fill in the group (after some private discussion), it appears that the window sticker was released and then re-released 9 days later with different information. It’s a bit of a mystery. That was during the height of the Covid craziness when there were parts substitutions and package deletions. I haven’t seen that before.

Users who are viewing this thread