5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning off fog lights during a turn

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I do not remember seeing ne thing in the manual or in EVIC. I bet U could do AlphaOBD and probably turn off, but unless U have, that is a small expense and U need to have some idea what U be doing.

There's nothing in the EVIC to disable the feature but I can confirm that Alfaobd can disable it. As others already pointed out if you keep your fog lights on all the time it won't do it. I personally only turn my fog lights on when needed and I think the cornering feature is cool.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
There's nothing in the EVIC to disable the feature but I can confirm that Alfaobd can disable it. As others already pointed out if you keep your fog lights on all the time it won't do it. I personally only turn my fog lights on when needed and I think the cornering feature is cool.
SME thing I do, paid a lot of money fer truck, let it do it's thing, LOL

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Haha yeah that's one way of looking at it.

I Luv that Hydro Blue color, was not available when I bought MY 19 in 2018. I have looked here, and only (1) Dealership has that color in a Rebel, and they R asking 55-60K, must think I own a bank, LMAO.....

Last edited:

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I Luv that Hydro Blue color, was not available when I bought MY 19 in 2018. I have looked here, and only (1) Dealership has that color in a Rebel, and they R asking 60K, must think I own a bank, LMAO.....

It is an awesome color, especially in person. It's also the main the reason why I traded in my '14 sport for it! That one you mentioned at the dealership must be something special. I also think TFL truck should've got their TRX in hydro blue.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I only found 1 Hydro Blue truck around this area, was a 20, was trying to find a 21, but with the price, just cannot see it, and that truck no longer available. Heck, I thought 48K for Bighorn was enuf. MY 19 is paid off, and I just cannot justify a jump just for a few more Mods and a MFT and color. BOIRD crazy, BUT not that crazy, LOL...

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I only found 1 Hydro Blue truck around this area, was a 20, was trying to find a 21, but with the price, just cannot see it, and that truck no longer available. Heck, I thought 48K for Bighorn was enuf. MY 19 is paid off, and I just cannot justify a jump just for a few more Mods and a MFT and color. BOIRD crazy, BUT not that crazy, LOL...

Now it's going to haunt you every night...

JasonMetoyer

Reaction score
im having the same issue.... I have Baja designs pro amber fogs and I can't have them coming on as cornering lights. no on in this thread has answered his question, "how can we disable this feature"? I don't see that he asked why would he want them on or how can they help... he asked, the same question I have, how do you disable the cornering lights? anyone know? I was told with an Alfa ODB2MX I can... but I just got my bypass cables and have to check that out manana. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you !

TwoCheap

Reaction score
im having the same issue.... I have Baja designs pro amber fogs and I can't have them coming on as cornering lights. no on in this thread has answered his question, "how can we disable this feature"? I don't see that he asked why would he want them on or how can they help... he asked, the same question I have, how do you disable the cornering lights? anyone know? I was told with an Alfa ODB2MX I can... but I just got my bypass cables and have to check that out manana. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you !
Did you ever get an answer to this? I want mine off too….

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
They are cornering lights during the day and, if you don't turn on your fog lights for night driving, they will be cornering lights then, too.
As was stated earlier in this thread, turn your fog lights on.
I don't know if there's a software fix for this, but the hardware fix might be to unplug them from the Ram wiring harness and make your own switched circuit.

Steve

Jason605

Reaction score
I believe some people like myself that don't want them on all the time is we have changed the stock fogs with a much brighter light like the Baja designs that make the stocks seem like a pen light.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe some people like myself that don't want them on all the time is we have changed the stock fogs with a much brighter light like the Baja designs that make the stocks seem like a pen light.
You had dim ones, because you bought a lower model. Upper level trucks come with LEDs.

Jason605

Reaction score
You had dim ones, because you bought a lower model. Upper level trucks come with LEDs.
Your Upper level LEDs must have been better than my lower model LEDs since the Baja Designs aren't comparable.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your Upper level LEDs must have been better than my lower model LEDs since the Baja Designs aren't comparable.
My factory fog lights are extremely bright. I can't imagine anyone thinking they weren't, and needing to replace them. But then there are people that think the HK stereo isn't any good.

Users who are viewing this thread