5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning headlight completely off on a Canadian Ram

TRXFLO

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I have an issue I cant figure out yet.
Over the last year, I have imported several Canadian RAM 1500's to Europe and I have made them suitable for the European roads and rules.
No big changes but mostly regarding lighting.

The trucks I imported all had a head light switch with four options ( 1- OFF, 2- parking light, 3- low beam, 4- auto).
The trucks we have now (2022 Limited and a 2022 TRX) both have a switch with 3 options (parking light, low beam and auto). (P68469535AA)

I have ordered the new switch with 4 options (P68156064AC). When I installed it (before turning the low beam DRL off with ALFAOBD) it worked like 2 - 3- 4- 1 (parking, low, auto, off)
Now I turned the low beam DRL off and when I install the new switcht, all the options result in low beam shining (except for one).

Is there a way I can use the new switch and make it work correctly using ALFAOBD?
Maybe some country/region settings?

Thanks

Attachments

• Switch 1.jpg
    Switch 1.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Switch 2.jpg
    Switch 2.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 12

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you have the option of turning off the DRLs in the trucks radio settings?

Jonas

Reaction score
Hello

I live in Sweden and my RAM 1500 is Canadian import and I used a tazer dt and set the truck to USA setting and moved the DRL to none in the tazer dt settings. I got the DRL setting in the uconnect interface now.

Before the DRL was in the lowbeam so no matter how I put the lightsettings, the lowbeam would come as soon as i realesed the handbrake and put the truck in drive.

Users who are viewing this thread