5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning Fog Light?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I noticed something before but tonight it really caught my attention. When turning a corner (either direction) the fog light would come on at a certain point and then go off at a certain point. Is this a "Bonus feature" that I didn't know about or didn't read about?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, it is by design. If the fog lights are on, it will not do it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

ruderam2000

Reaction score
It’s called cornering lights. I prefer to keep my fog lights on all the time instead is using them as cornering lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ok that’s my trim. Never noticed if one of the lights comes on when I put the signal on. Maybe I can test with the truck in park?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok that’s my trim. Never noticed if one of the lights comes on when I put the signal on. Maybe I can test with the truck in park?
It happens when you turn the wheels while in drive.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Unless They're on all the time, one of them will turn on when you turn, depending on the direction and angle.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have the foglights on so that is when I noticed them doing that. Doesn't matter if you put your blinker on or not. I'm not complaining just don't remember hearing/reading anything on that feature. At first I thought something was wrong.lol

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I see. Thanks. Is that something that can be disabled?

BigD

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I noticed it at night & thought I had electrical issues already.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless They're on all the time, one of them will turn on when you turn, depending on the direction and angle.
Also if you have the turn signal under 25 mph that side's fog light will come on (if the fog lights are turned off).

I see. Thanks. Is that something that can be disabled?
You can turn your fogs on to disable the cornering lamp feature.

I'm not sure about active interfaces (like TazerDT) but it looks like it can be done in the BCM via AlfaOBD. In another thread @HydroRebel reported doing it but did not mention the setting(s) changed.

simpson

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing yesterday. Nice thing to have.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree it's a nice feature to have as I thought it was an electrical issue or the Tazer causing an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread