5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn signal won’t shut off

Mattstatebound

Reaction score
Last winter driving to work on a cold snowy morning my right turn signal came on out of nowhere, the only way to shut it off was to move the switch to the left position which turned off the blinking signal but now I don’t have a left turn signal. When it returns to neutral the right signal blinks, when I turn on the right turn signal the right signal blinks correctly. It went away after a few days and everything worked fine for months until again driving down the interstate during a light rain and it started happening again this time lasting for weeks. I constantly have to drive around with the left blinker on to keep right side from blinking however when I turn and goes back to neutral the right side starts to go off again and I have to turn on the left signal to stop it… really annoying!!! While still broke today in a light rain it started working correctly until I started it again 20 minutes later. Any thoughts?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’d try changing the blinker arm

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last winter driving to work on a cold snowy morning my right turn signal came on out of nowhere, the only way to shut it off was to move the switch to the left position which turned off the blinking signal but now I don’t have a left turn signal. When it returns to neutral the right signal blinks, when I turn on the right turn signal the right signal blinks correctly. It went away after a few days and everything worked fine for months until again driving down the interstate during a light rain and it started happening again this time lasting for weeks. I constantly have to drive around with the left blinker on to keep right side from blinking however when I turn and goes back to neutral the right side starts to go off again and I have to turn on the left signal to stop it… really annoying!!! While still broke today in a light rain it started working correctly until I started it again 20 minutes later. Any thoughts?
Sounds like a possible short in your wiring somewhere that only shows up when the harness gets wet. Or check for water leaks inside the cab somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread