5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn signal problem with LEDs?

MCSandersbro

Reaction score
So I swapped all of my front lights out back in May with Lasfit LED bulbs and had no issues. Recently the right front turn signal started illuminating intermittently at night instead of staying lit. I took the truck into the dealer to see what the issue was and they believed it was the computer. They swapped it and had the same issue. Their claim was that it was the bulbs causing the issues as it was sending “weird signals” to the computer. I know a ton of folks have used Lasfit on their trucks. Has anyone had this issue? If so what was the fix. I really don’t want to go back to Halogen.
Thanks.

MCSandersbro

Reaction score
I had a similar issue and the dealer had to replace the BCM. It was a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe that is what they replaced only to have the same issue. I may switch them all back and take it to the dealer to clear the codes. This is the only think I can think to do in order to confirm or rule out if it’s the LEDs. If it is the LEDs I am going to be pretty upset. In 2019 you should be able to switch your bulb to whatever you’d like without things like this happening.

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Yeah it was a very frustrating situation for me because the dealer initially told me it was just a easy swap but of course it wasn’t and once they figured out it was the BCM they also had to (excuse my lack of proper terminology) “run new codes for the new light housing”. So you could be dealing with incorrect codes for that particular housing or the BCM is malfunctioning. The manager at the second dealer I went to told me they have had to change out a lot of BCMs.

MCSandersbro

Reaction score

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
I’m glad that worked out....simply

Harald

Reaction score
Thank you for this Forum . best regards from Germany..harald

Harald

Reaction score
Ich habe ein Problem mit meinem Longhorn 2020. Mein linkes Tageslicht unten an der Seite funktioniert seit 2 Monaten nicht mehr. meine Garantie zahlt mir nicht LED-Scheinwerfer. Ich denke es liegt am Steuergerät unter dem Scheinwerfer? Kann mir jemand weiter helfen. Viele Grüße aus Deutschland Harald

Attachments

• DSCF9568.JPG
    DSCF9568.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread