5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuning

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Getting ready to pull the trigger on custom tuning my 2020.

Who has tuned theirs already?
How was the process?
Easy install?
Any problems?

Any suggestions welcomed. Jay Greene will be tuning mine.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice choice! From what I gathered you can't go wrong with Jay Greene. Haven't tuned mine yet but subbing to the thread.
Apparently not many 5th gen guys have tuned theirs.
Jay is an awesome dude. He worked magic on my cammed/FBO 4th gen for several years

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Apparently not many 5th gen guys have tuned theirs.

Most likely due to not wanting to void their warranty so early on.

Jay is an awesome dude. He worked magic on my cammed/FBO 4th gen for several years

I have no doubt of that. Good luck with the tune, I'll be anxiously awaiting the results!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jay is definitely one of the big 4 in the hemi tuners segment. Solid choice for sure. I’ve had talks with him. I’ll probably wait till I cam the truck. Not that he didn’t want to tune the truck or pushed me away. Just took what I’m looking for in end. He said to wait as he couldn’t justify the spent money on tuning stuff till then. He’s great on being straightforward on what you, honest & definitely not trying to sell or up sell you anything.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tuning voids warranty....Ford proved that too when people were tuning their ECOBoosts. I have no doubt you'll get some very cool results. Just be careful.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ yup, even with ecm swap on rams. It still can be found quickly with a diag tech. If they so choose. That part sucks, as it takes less time to diag a none warranty issue then a warranted one. Meh

popcenator

Reaction score
I've been going back and forth whether I want a full tune yet or not. Jay will be my tuner as well. He's got my business for life with what he's done for me. When I had his tune in my '12, it was half of what it cost now, which is what's holding me back. I'm not worried about the warranty as I have no doubt the tune will be issue free. My '12 ran way better with his tune compared to the stock tune.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

popcenator

Reaction score
Ecm & trans tune is amazing from jay. Hell 8speeds themselves are amazing.
I'm still impressed with this truck compared to my 4th gen, I can only imagine the smile on my face after a Greene tune on the 5th gen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Loaded up Jays PCM/TCM tune on Saturday. It’s been raining and nasty here so I haven’t really be able to play with it. So far just normal driving is much more enjoyable. Once the weather clears, I’ll do some data logging and get Jay to fine tune everything.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Loaded up Jays PCM/TCM tune on Saturday. It’s been raining and nasty here so I haven’t really be able to play with it. So far just normal driving is much more enjoyable. Once the weather clears, I’ll do some data logging and get Jay to fine tune everything.
I was going to dyno tune locally now after reaching out to jay initially but now think I am going to go with him again. What wideband gauge did you end up getting if you had to get one?

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to dyno tune locally now after reaching out to jay initially but now think I am going to go with him again. What wideband gauge did you end up getting if you had to get one?
I don’t have a wideband on this truck. My 4th gen, I have a AEM wideband and it’s been flawless.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
He told me that I needed a wideband first. Maybe because I am boosted. Thank you.

Yup wideband is essential for tuning a boosted vehicle. I don't know a tuner on the planet (that you'd ever want to use), that will tune without one. I loved my innovate wb on my boosted stang.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interested to see what everyone’s impressions are on his tuning for our trucks

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only reason I say that. Is jay told me to just wait till I cam it. Unless I miss understood him....

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have his pcm/tcm tune on my 2020. It’s a totally different truck. It’s so much more fun to drive and the trans shifts like it should. I’ll be doing some data logs and let him fine tune it.
I’m also going to remove the grill shutters to help keep things a little cooler.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have his pcm/tcm tune on my 2020. It’s a totally different truck. It’s so much more fun to drive and the trans shifts like it should. I’ll be doing some data logs and let him fine tune it.
I’m also going to remove the grill shutters to help keep things a little cooler.
What is his contact info?

Users who are viewing this thread