5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuners for the hemi

Luvmymopar

Reaction score
Anyone have any good 1st hand info on the best tuners for a 2021 rebel 5.7 with etorque
I'd like some more throttle response especially at lower end and would love to see 0 to 60 below 6 seconds consistently less than 5 would be even better

popcenator

Reaction score
Are you looking for just the hand held device or custom tuners?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Luvmymopar

Reaction score
Not really sure
I don't want to swap oem ecu or prom and don't think a pedal plug in will do what I want
Are you looking for just the hand held device or custom tuners?

O swap oem ecu or prom

popcenator

Reaction score
I think the only option as far as I know it's the Pulsar by Diablosport. Admittedly I haven't looked on a while since I got my tune.

IzzysAuto

Reaction score
Pedal commanders are supposed to do wonders for the 5.7 Hemi. It made a huge difference in my 5.0 Ford. Is it faster yes. I dropped .2 tenths in my 60 foot. Plus it makes the truck feel more enjoyable to drive.

Oldphart

Reaction score
I found the Pedal Commander to be just about worthless; all it does is vary the degree the throttle plate moves in relation to the gas pedal. I tried one on my last truck (GMC Canyon V6) and sold it soon after. Went with a tune from Trifecta. It altered the timing, trans shift points, etc. on the fly. I may try the Pulsar in a month or so.

Oldphart

Reaction score
Regarding the Pulsar, since it's a piggy-back mount, can I safely assume that if I need to take the truck to the dealer, I can temporary remove it so it will not show up on any ECU's? I know programmers will leave a trace on the ECU and void your warranty.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pedal commanders in our Ram's have thrown error codes and may also give full acceleration or no acceleration. Use at your own risk!

They will not make your truck faster, they just the pedal travel down so it requires less "push" of the pedal to get the same throttle input.

Velocity

Reaction score
I got error codes when I had the Pedal Commander installed on my truck. After the rave reviews I saw on here I decided to get one. Put it on and never really cared for how it worked. I felt like the throttle was not predictable, like it changed on its own at times. It made a difference for sure though. One morning I was sitting at a red light and the truck went nuts, all kinds of lights on the dash, limp mode, all that. I removed it and I like the way the truck rides better without it. I installed it at like 1,000 miles and now I have about 5,000 miles without it.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Regarding the Pulsar, since it's a piggy-back mount, can I safely assume that if I need to take the truck to the dealer, I can temporary remove it so it will not show up on any ECU's? I know programmers will leave a trace on the ECU and void your warranty.
I have a Pulsar, and that is my understanding. Guess if I ever have to take mine in to a dealer I will find out for sure.

Sigep924

Reaction score
Banks Pedal Monster seems to have addressed all the problems people have had with the other pedal units.

Cofirecaptain

Reaction score
I installed the Banks with no issues so far. Definitely makes the truck more fun to drive, but not much else.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All these plug-ins only change the pedal position the computer sees, for instance, you put your foot down 10%, the truck will think you put it down 15 or 20%. If you're looking for gains that make more power or want the tune dialed in for your specific truck, you'll need a tune. It will throw a code on the PCM but some tuners can get around that. Also, you'll need to get your PCM unlocked before you can tune it. As far as tuners go, it depends who is writing the tune. Some use Diablo, some use HP Tuners, some can use both. I'd look for the person before the tool.
To answer the question about the pedal commander, banks, and the Diablo Pulsar...all can be removed without a trace before going to the dealer.
Along those same lines, if you have a tazer DT or anything else to bypass the security gateway, make sure that is removed before going to the dealer for anything. Some dealer will flag your truck if they find one of those and then your warranty will be out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread