5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuned shocks?

Jack.

Reaction score
Of course. I would also try and steer away from the IFP shocks. You will get much better performance and longevity out of a remote reservoir shock. There is a reason that kit is so cheap
Definitely, i think i may go with the remote reservoir ones base on what you are saying. Only thing is im not 100% sure if that would be a bit overkill due to me rarely going offroad (maybe like once or twice a year). Most of the time its just me commuting to the job sites. Im also considering either Vertex coilovers (because theyre instocks..) or just going with the mopar oem fox 2.0 lift kit and if anything happens have the dealership handle it.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you talking about these front shocks that use the Oem spring?

Or these front coil overs that come as an assembly?

^^ these are the ones I was told you couldn’t rebuilt a couple years ago when I was shopping. Since terminology gets a little confusing between shock and coil over.

As far as rebuilding them, I just bought a set of cheap lift spacers to installed when the coil overs were out so I could still use the truck and the alignment wouldn’t be messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might just order the basic 2.0's and hope that they are good.
Yeah I really want the carli but I guess ill wait another couple months. I was told initally when I asked in Oct that we would get them in Dec, and now it's changed to Feb haha. I'm also very close to either going with bds 2.5 or a standard fox 2.0 coilover
Yeah I called them Monday and they told me mid-Feb or March. I'm in no hurry, don't have the cash for it yet, but I guess when the time comes I will look at either Carli or I'll get the BDS 2" coilover kit.

Users who are viewing this thread