5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tune

nissangsxr

Reaction score
Sorry if that already been address, not use to this search function.

Question, I have aftermarket tires and wheels, borla exhaust, and about to add S&B intake. What can I use to tune the truck? Can I use anything tuner off the shelf? If so which one? Or do I need to take it to a tune shop? I live in Killeen, TX, if any one have any suggestion.

I'm also thinking of buying a sprint booster. Once the the truck is tune, do I need that? Or don't buy it at all?

Sorry, fairly new to this tread. Don't know much about tuning. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

jlasma

Reaction score
I bought a Sprint booster and I’m very happy with the response. As far as a tuner I bought a Trinity 2 Platinum with an unlocked PCM, bought it from Moe’s 2 weeks ago, still waiting on it.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you get a tune you won't need the sprint booster, the effects of that can be written into the tune. That said, based on your mods, you don't really need a tune. Depending the tires you might want to get something to re-calibrate the speedo. If you do go the tune route, find a tuner that you want to work with and see what hardware they use or prefer and buy that brand handheld (Diablo or HPT)

nissangsxr

Reaction score
I bought a Sprint booster and I’m very happy with the response. As far as a tuner I bought a Trinity 2 Platinum with an unlocked PCM, bought it from Moe’s 2 weeks ago, still waiting on it.
Thank. Let me know how you Trinity work out for you.

nissangsxr

Reaction score
If you get a tune you won't need the sprint booster, the effects of that can be written into the tune. That said, based on your mods, you don't really need a tune. Depending the tires you might want to get something to re-calibrate the speedo. If you do go the tune route, find a tuner that you want to work with and see what hardware they use or prefer and buy that brand handheld (Diablo or HPT)
Thanks man, got look around now. So no tune for just exhaust and air intake.

Users who are viewing this thread