5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tundra Limited to Ram North Edition

JeremyLee

Reaction score
So with the 0 for 84 months I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Ram 1500 North Edition leaving a 2018 Tundra Limited. The first thing I noticed after the 100$ less a month was the outstanding improvement in ride and drivability over the tundra along with the truck just plain looks better. The Tundra was a extended cab where the Ram is a crew cab with the 6’4” bed. The payload on the Ram beats out the Tundra by several hundred pounds along with the greater trailer towing capacity. Never thought I would leave Toyota but with only 300 miles on this Ram I am in love. Have step bars, gooseneck hitch and a bed mat on the way. With the tundra having 4.30 gears I was disappointed with the towing ability the Ram had 3.92’s and electric locker which just plain makes me smile. I will post some pics tomorrow after the weather clears along with maybe doing a step by step gooseneck install if anyone would be interested

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
congrats! and welcome. The Tundra is a great truck in my opinion, and it's always king of the reliability war, but when I was looking at trucks a few months ago, I couldn't believe how far ahead the Ram Limited was as far as ride...nothing compared. Plus, it just felt like....the future I guess, especially compared to the Tundra, which is so desperately in need of a redesign. So far,(3 months of ownership), mine has been flawless. best of luck.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I owned 2 Tundras, an 07 and a 13. In my sample of 2 neither was as reliable as people claim. Many visits to the dealership for a variety of problems. And IMO there’s absolutely no comparison between a current Tundra Limited and even a Laramie 5th gen Ram. Just test driving the two side by side it will be near impossible to pick the Tundra unless it’s pure fan boy that decision is made on. The ride, performance, interior, features.....NO comparison. Sadly my wife’s 2019 Lexus doesn’t even pale in comparison to the new Rams In technology, but it’s what she wanted with no consideration of anything else.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the Ram family as oldmarine stated the Tundra will be king of reliability over the long haul but Ram has come a long way from just a few years ago .

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I owned 2 Tundras, an 07 and a 13. In my sample of 2 neither was as reliable as people claim. Many visits to the dealership for a variety of problems. And IMO there’s absolutely no comparison between a current Tundra Limited and even a Laramie 5th gen Ram. Just test driving the two side by side it will be near impossible to pick the Tundra unless it’s pure fan boy that decision is made on. The ride, performance, interior, features.....NO comparison. Sadly my wife’s 2019 Lexus doesn’t even pale in comparison to the new Rams In technology, but it’s what she wanted with no consideration of anything else.
Nothing against Toyota, and my local dealer's service has been great, but our Prius had a total of SEVEN recalls in it's first 4-5 years of life, one of which was serious (severe wear of steering wheel shaft pinion gear, resulting in a couple of years of loosey-goosey steering and me complaining loudly to the dealer before Toyota finally 'fessed-up and fixed it). At 180k miles, it's been reliable for the last 10 years, but those first 5 years were questionable.
Love our 2020 Laramie Longhorn, unbelievably nice vehicle, flawless workmanship. Pinch me, I think I'm dreaming.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the community! My personal belief is that the reliability perception of Toyota is based on engine reliability not the overall vehicle as a whole. When i was looking for a truck i test drove the Ram, GMC, Toyota and Ford. None of those trucks had the ride that the Ram has. The Toyota had the worst ride of them all.

Users who are viewing this thread