5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TufTruck Coils?

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
Anybody have any luck with heavier coils for the 5th Gens? Specifically speaking TufTruck Coils TTC-1223VT? I’ve got an ORG package truck with a 2” level up front, I’d like to replace the coil with a longer heavier, variable rate one rather then just use spacers in the rear if possible. I called TufTruck, one rep said they’d work even tho they only listed for up to 2019(Classic) trucks, then another rep said they don’t make them for 5th gens yet, and my dealer said the same. Can anyone verify the differences between 4th Gen and 5th Gen 1500 rear coils? Most suspension parts seem to be interchangeable, I’d think the coils would be too. Anymore info or guys with experience on this would be great! Thanks.

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
4th gen Coils will fit so that won't be the problem. Icons 1.5" are 4th gen coils and fit like a glove in the 5th gen. But you wont get 1.5" rear lift if you already had ORP/ORG springs. Icon claims you should see 1/2" more than ORP because they claim their spring rate is a little higher compared to the ORP springs. Should be then around 1.5" if you didn't have ORP and kept your truck stock. (No extra weight from a bigger spare wheel, Toolbox/tools, RTT etc etc), Icon 1.5" springs are actually shorter than ORP springs, and you can always add a Daystar to the Icon 1.5" coils for example (KC09116BK) for one full extra 1" if needed.

TTC springs are "Shorter" than factory 4th gen springs with the exception of the VT's (most are 17.75" long, VT is 18.5 long). In my personal opinion they're more designed for working trucks that don't care much for offroad tasks for example. They're shorter but have higher spring rates compared to stock so in some instances you get to keep you factory height (people who simply don't want more rake and don't want to lift their rear but still want more weight support than stock when they tow/haul a light/medium load,( TTC 1210,1223V) or those who carry heavy tools and equipment and need 500-600lbs of extra support to keep the rear at stock level (1211,1223V). The VT's in theory will provide 1.5"lift on a factory 4th gen 1500 CC (1" in reality), but they're just 1/4" longer than stock coils. I'd think that you won't gain more than 1/2" if any with them in your ORP but being that even shorther than the Icon setup in relation to the ORP springs, if you're into offroad and eventually will add longer shocks you will want the Icons better.

Little summary
Factory 4th gen 1500 CC spring length is 18.25"
Icon 1.5" 4th gen 19.5"
TTC 1223VT are 18.5"

5th Gen
Factory ORP 5th gen are 20.5" long
Eibach E30-27-011-02-02 are 20.5" long (I got the part# number and measurements from somebody in this section who installed them but Eibach website says "Coming soon"). Don't know if they guy was testing prototypes for Eibach or not. He indicated Eibach is advertising these as 1" lift springs. More likely will be 10% stiffer than ORP but we'll need to wait for Eibach to post more details.

Then you have Clayton (COR-1510251) 2.5" springs right now as another option. These are not 4th gen coils but 2020 Jeep Gladiator coils for offroad/overlanding that i run in my 4th gen truck and now 2 more members here run in their 5th gen ones after i posted about them and they decided to test them. You might see these as specialty coil springs in the sense that they're very HD (on their 3rd rate they're 360lbs/inch so there is no aftermarket spring right now that offers that much weight support), but drive like stock because their 1st/2nd rate is around ORP rates (though 2nd rate is more inline with a TTC 1211 or 1223v), and they're 21.5" long able to support 29-30" extended lenght shocks (i run custom King 2.5 shocks that are 29" extended and they won't unseat the springs when they're fully extended ), so they're nice on the street, nice when offroading with support for long travel shocks, nice weight support for heavy overlanding/expendition gear etc.

These guys have setups like me with 500lbs of extra weight in their beds and we're losing pretty much the same 1" of height because of that. in my case i'm lifted 1.5" above a 4th gren truck coils with that much weigh, in their case they're lifted 1-1.25" over ORP
I don't work for Clayton just in case :) just excited to be able to share with some of you a setup that i know is unique because there is nothing in our aftermarket, especially for Rebels and those with the ORP package in 5th gen trucks can that can offer same spring rates and able to support same extended shock lenghts springs only. in our case we're setup more for overlanding.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
4th gen Coils will fit so that won't be the problem. Icons 1.5" are 4th gen coils and fit like a glove in the 5th gen. But you wont get 1.5" rear lift if you already had ORP/ORG springs. Icon claims you should see 1/2" more than ORP because they claim their spring rate is a little higher compared to the ORP springs. Should be then around 1.5" if you didn't have ORP and kept your truck stock. (No extra weight from a bigger spare wheel, Toolbox/tools, RTT etc etc), Icon 1.5" springs are actually shorter than ORP springs, and you can always add a Daystar to the Icon 1.5" coils for example (KC09116BK) for one full extra 1" if needed.

TTC springs are "Shorter" than factory 4th gen springs with the exception of the VT's (most are 17.75" long, VT is 18.5 long). In my personal opinion they're more designed for working trucks that don't care much for offroad tasks for example. They're shorter but have higher spring rates compared to stock so in some instances you get to keep you factory height (people who simply don't want more rake and don't want to lift their rear but still want more weight support than stock when they tow/haul a light/medium load,( TTC 1210,1223V) or those who carry heavy tools and equipment and need 500-600lbs of extra support to keep the rear at stock level (1211,1223V). The VT's in theory will provide 1.5"lift on a factory 4th gen 1500 CC (1" in reality), but they're just 1/4" longer than stock coils. I'd think that you won't gain more than 1/2" if any with them in your ORP but being that even shorther than the Icon setup in relation to the ORP springs, if you're into offroad and eventually will add longer shocks you will want the Icons better.

Little summary
Factory 4th gen 1500 CC spring length is 18.25"
Icon 1.5" 4th gen 19.5"
TTC 1223VT are 18.5"

5th Gen
Factory ORP 5th gen are 20.5" long
Eibach E30-27-011-02-02 are 20.5" long (I got the part# number and measurements from somebody in this section who installed them but Eibach website says "Coming soon"). Don't know if they guy was testing prototypes for Eibach or not. He indicated Eibach is advertising these as 1" lift springs. More likely will be 10% stiffer than ORP but we'll need to wait for Eibach to post more details.

Then you have Clayton (COR-1510251) 2.5" springs right now as another option. These are not 4th gen coils but 2020 Jeep Gladiator coils for offroad/overlanding that i run in my 4th gen truck and now 2 more members here run in their 5th gen ones after i posted about them and they decided to test them. You might see these as specialty coil springs in the sense that they're very HD (on their 3rd rate they're 360lbs/inch so there is no aftermarket spring right now that offers that much weight support), but drive like stock because their 1st/2nd rate is around ORP rates (though 2nd rate is more inline with a TTC 1211 or 1223v), and they're 21.5" long able to support 29-30" extended lenght shocks (i run custom King 2.5 shocks that are 29" extended and they won't unseat the springs when they're fully extended ), so they're nice on the street, nice when offroading with support for long travel shocks, nice weight support for heavy overlanding/expendition gear etc.

These guys have setups like me with 500lbs of extra weight in their beds and we're losing pretty much the same 1" of height because of that. in my case i'm lifted 1.5" above a 4th gren truck coils with that much weigh, in their case they're lifted 1-1.25" over ORP
I don't work for Clayton just in case :) just excited to be able to share with some of you a setup that i know is unique because there is nothing in our aftermarket, especially for Rebels and those with the ORP package in 5th gen trucks can that can offer same spring rates and able to support same extended shock lenghts springs only. in our case we're setup more for overlanding.

Hope it helps.
Awesome info! In my application I don’t intend to off-road the truck specifically. But as my daily driver it does regular “outdoorsman” chores. Typically it will only see my boat or utility trailer behind it with my side by side. Roughly towing only up to 5000lbs. With also now and then having a snowmachine or quad in the bed(max 1000lbs). I hunt, fish and trap regularly, which is the main reason I went with the ORG truck. The 2” level kit on top of the ORG struts up front is a good combo for me, but now the rear is perfectly level, to do the jobs I mentioned It would be nice to have the rake back, I thought why not increase payload a bit at the same time instead of just a spacer. I live in Canada so TufTruck really caught my eye in comparison to some other companies with the borders being closed and increased duties/shipping costs etc. I already knew the ORG coils in there rear were 1” longer, so at best the TTC- 1223VT coils would net me 1/2” of height, I’m thinking 1-1.5” over the ORG coils is my goal while empty. If that can’t be achieved with just a coil then I may have to combine with a spacer anyways, or just buy a spacer and use the stock coils. I’d like to hold onto the stock rear shocks as well, get my use out of them while aftermarket companies continue to come out with new stuff.

Given your info you provided tho I can see how both Icon and TufTruck wouldn’t be the greatest options because You still need to combine with a spacer to achieve 1-1.5” lift over the ORG springs. I’m going to take a good look at the Claytons. At 21.5” long theyre 1” longer then the ORG springs, but still have a good variable rate to possibly achieve that extra 1/2” as well as the benefit of the OffRoad and/or work capacities.

Robalo2718

Reaction score
Awesome info! In my application I don’t intend to off-road the truck specifically. But as my daily driver it does regular “outdoorsman” chores. Typically it will only see my boat or utility trailer behind it with my side by side. Roughly towing only up to 5000lbs. With also now and then having a snowmachine or quad in the bed(max 1000lbs). I hunt, fish and trap regularly, which is the main reason I went with the ORG truck. The 2” level kit on top of the ORG struts up front is a good combo for me, but now the rear is perfectly level, to do the jobs I mentioned It would be nice to have the rake back, I thought why not increase payload a bit at the same time instead of just a spacer. I live in Canada so TufTruck really caught my eye in comparison to some other companies with the borders being closed and increased duties/shipping costs etc. I already knew the ORG coils in there rear were 1” longer, so at best the TTC- 1223VT coils would net me 1/2” of height, I’m thinking 1-1.5” over the ORG coils is my goal while empty. If that can’t be achieved with just a coil then I may have to combine with a spacer anyways, or just buy a spacer and use the stock coils. I’d like to hold onto the stock rear shocks as well, get my use out of them while aftermarket companies continue to come out with new stuff.

Given your info you provided tho I can see how both Icon and TufTruck wouldn’t be the greatest options because You still need to combine with a spacer to achieve 1-1.5” lift over the ORG springs. I’m going to take a good look at the Claytons. At 21.5” long theyre 1” longer then the ORG springs, but still have a good variable rate to possibly achieve that extra 1/2” as well as the benefit of the OffRoad and/or work capacities.
Did you end up deciding on a rear coil spring? If so, how do you like it and what did you go for? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread