5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to negotiate the purchase of a 2019 Laramie

kevin1914

Reaction score
Sticker price on the truck is 54K (invoice is 49k) but I need an out the door of no more than 46k. My trade is about 23k average trade with 27k owed. Dealer initially offered me 20,500 (rough trade). With dealer discount and ram incentives, I’m looking at about 10k off MSRP, but I’m shooting for 10k off of invoice.

Does anyone think my OTD is possible or a pipe dream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XDBrad

Reaction score
$10k below MSRP (sticker) is possible or at least very close. My Laramie stickered at $54k and I walked out the door financing $44.5k including TT&L, my trade was a wash but it did help on sales tax.

However, I bought mine in July before the price bump and I think FCA was a bit more willing to get the 19’s on the road.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aiming for $10k off invoice would be $15k off sticker or MSRP. $15k is really hard to achieve. $11-$14k should be do-able by just experience, reading threads here as well as current advertising. Throw in the inequity you have of $4k (pending it turns out the way you estimate) so you’re asking for $19k off of MSRP. That is a difficult if not impossible deal to achieve.

Bboyce536

Reaction score
In august i got 12k off my laramie. From what ive been seeing, the deals are still pretty similar.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got 22% off MSRP when I bought my Laramie; but I had two additional discounts to apply (USAA - $1000 and Military - $500). It basically came to about $12,500 off. The dealership that I bought it from offered it to me for $3500 less than two other dealers with the same truck in stock. I wouldn't expect to get a great trade in amount and a great price on the truck; they are going to get you on one or the other. I sacrificed my 2015 Journey on a trade because I knew I couldn't get much for it through a straight out sale.

Users who are viewing this thread