5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to lift 1 1/2” in front

Jtimm07

Reaction score
I’m trying to achieve a 1 1/2” lift to the front , not any more. What leveling kits out there are 1 1/2”. I’ve heard some 2” kits you only achieve 1 1/2” but I want to know for sure that I’ll have a little over 1” of rake still. Looking at a top hat spacer , no preload spacer 7ABD578D-97BD-4E0F-B440-E286A1492922.jpeg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m trying to achieve a 1 1/2” lift to the front , not any more. What leveling kits out there are 1 1/2”. I’ve heard some 2” kits you only achieve 1 1/2” but I want to know for sure that I’ll have a little over 1” of rake still. Looking at a top hat spacer , no preload spacer View attachment 60301

It's weird that the website says model years 2006-2020 but might be worth a call.

Jtimm07

Reaction score
I’ve read that the shock platform top hat are the same in the 4th and 5th gen.

with the ORG I have, I have an extra 1” already, would another 1 1/2” spacer put me at a height where I should be looking at different UCAs as well? ... heard once you get around 3” of lift in the front you should switch , and at 2 1/2 total lift from stock Suspension that I would be at , I’m wondering if I should change them to prevent any binding or unnecessary wear on the front end.

NH_Ram

Reaction score
Since you have a factory off-road package, I would recommend doing the Upper Control Arms too. I did the ReadyLift 3.5" SST lift (model 69-1935) but left out the Front and Rear coil spacers. So I only used the front strut extension and upper control arms. Expensive for just a 1.5" level but now I have the preload spacers if I want to add them.

Attachments

• IMG_20200606_113713.jpg
    IMG_20200606_113713.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 38

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve read that the shock platform top hat are the same in the 4th and 5th gen.

with the ORG I have, I have an extra 1” already, would another 1 1/2” spacer put me at a height where I should be looking at different UCAs as well? ... heard once you get around 3” of lift in the front you should switch , and at 2 1/2 total lift from stock Suspension that I would be at , I’m wondering if I should change them to prevent any binding or unnecessary wear on the front end.
I wasnt sure about the top hat being the same but if they are then those may be your cheapest route. If you are only leveling with 1.5" spacer no need for new UCAs.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
I got a Moto fab half inch top hat spacer off Amazon for $20. I didn’t take before or after measurements but I was surprised how well the truck looks after it was installed. Definitely got a half inch, maybe a little more. My truck looks almost the same as yours (white crew cab also with the ORP). Realistically this is about your only option unless you can find a 1 inch top hat spacer. Other than that you need to use falcon shocks or Bilstein shocks to lift the front to where you desire it.

Users who are viewing this thread