5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to identify my upper interior color - Is this Diesel Gray?

Cajuntec

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. It's a Brilliant Black Crystal exterior color, and the interior leather is black. But the upper portion - the columns, headliner, and visors, all are a grayish color. I've looked up the colors my truck came in, and all it says is Black or Light Frost Beige / Black. This color doesn't look like Light Frost Beige to me, but maybe it's just my eyes. But Diesel Gray isn't listed. It is one of the visor color options though.

I'm trying to identify / verify the color because I need to get a new drivers side visor.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

All the best,
Glenn

Last edited:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any Ram dealer parts department can identify what sun visor you need. Just provide them with your vehicle identification number (VIN). They should be able to tell you the color as well.

Cajuntec

Reaction score
Well, this has been solved. It was funny. Gave the dealer my VIN and he said, “Oh, it’s just Black.” I told him it wasn’t black. He said, “Well, I have the Right side one in stock. We can compare them.” So he goes get a box clearly marked “Black”, and pulls out a light tan looking visor. I almost started laughing to see the look on his face. “This isn’t black.” Yeah. That’s what I said too. But we went out and compared them anyway, and once it was placed side by side with mine, the “tan” seemed to turn gray. It’s weird. But hey… that’s the exact color. So I ordered a drivers side visor. Mystery solved.

All the best,
Glenn

Last edited:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I ordered a right side visor. Mystery solved.

All the best,
Glenn

Hopefully, you meant to say you ordered a left (driver) side visor. The reason the box for the right side said "black" might be that it referred to being for a black interior and not the actual color of the visor.

Last edited:

Cajuntec

Reaction score
Hopefully, you meant to say you ordered a left (driver) side visor. The reason the box for the right side said "black" might be that it referred to being for a black interior and not the actual color of the visor.
I did. Fixed it. Drivers side (left). And I know it has to be the right one because it has the garage door opener on it.
All the best,
Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread