5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to find 20x9 with a simple design

Atreides

Reaction score
My 23’ Ram Laramie came with 22” rims that I really like the look of, but not a fan of how little tire that leaves me, and much less tire replacement options.

Been having trouble trying to find a 20x9 rim with a simple design. Personally I’m not a fan of the rim lip bolts which seems to be on 90% of the truck wheels out there.

Best option I found is Method 316 at 20x9 with a 0 offset.

Also, willing to go to 18x9 if there are more options.

Hoping to spend under $500 per rim from a reputable brand, but will spend more if the design is interesting.

Cheers and thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0945.jpeg
    IMG_0945.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 23

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are nice. They got my vote.

Believe it or not, I love the simplicity and look of my stock night edition rims on my Bighorn. Easy to clean too.

Atreides

Reaction score

Believe it or not, I love the simplicity and look of my stock night edition rims on my Bighorn. Easy to clean too.
Thats actually a good idea, I should look for OEM wheels. Just did a quick search and it looks like stock TRX are 18x9 with a +12 offset. What are the size of your Bighorn night edition wheels?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats actually a good idea, I should look for OEM wheels. Just did a quick search and it looks like stock TRX are 18x9 with a +12 offset. What are the size of your Bighorn night edition wheels?
20x9 with 275/60 pirelli scorpions. All stock suspension.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love my Built to Serve wheels. And Ram made them in black as well for the 2019 Night Edition. they are 20x9 PXL_20230716_164728659.jpg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Yep, you can't beat the 20" Night Edition wheels IMO. If I could find them in 22", I would jump on them. But they had to make them different and not as nice. Or some 22" wheels that are similar (almost exact), but that too is hard to find.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would not recommend going to 18" wheels, as the tire selection is almost all "E" range, so a rougher ride. Stay with the 20's.

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
Also, never go down in rim size, you'll run into clearance issues with the calipers. Depending where you're located, I have a set of 20x9, 19 mm offset factory Night Edition wheels and tires without TPMS that I'm trying to sell, only 14k miles on the tires. I'm in Viriginia Beach VA

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, never go down in rim size, you'll run into clearance issues with the calipers. Depending where you're located, I have a set of 20x9, 19 mm offset factory Night Edition wheels and tires without TPMS that I'm trying to sell, only 14k miles on the tires. I'm in Viriginia Beach VA
Most 18" wheels will fit since the base Bighorn gets 18" wheels from factory. It's a close fit, and not all aftermarket 18's will clear.

Atreides

Reaction score
Great feedback on 18’s vs. 20’s. I think I’ll stick with 20’s given @Bt10 point about “E” range tires as I’ve been seeing that a lot with tires I’ve been looking at. I mean, on the flip side, the rolling resistance on an 80psi tire would get me into the 30mpg range with my hemi 😂

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most 20's are E range as well if you get any bigger than stock size. And the LT tires usually cost more

Atreides

Reaction score
Most 20's are E range as well if you get any bigger than stock size. And the LT tires usually cost more
Ok, yeah, LT are what I was thinking of.

Also, thinking of 0 offset for wheels. Seems good if I want to go for larger tires later on…

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, yeah, LT are what I was thinking of.

Also, thinking of 0 offset for wheels. Seems good if I want to go for larger tires later on…
0mm offset works but depending on what tire size u want to go with u may run into clearance issues and rub the UCA I k ow a 35x12.5x20 requires a -18 offset to clear.

Users who are viewing this thread