5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to disable the tilt-down feature on my 2019 Ram mirrors when backing up.

Tony Boyd

Reaction score
Hi, just got a nice used 2019 Laramie with tow mirrors. They tilt down when backing up, but I want to disable that function and have not been able to find the function on Uconnect. As stated by others, they just tilt down way too far to be useful.
Thanks, Tony

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi, just got a nice used 2019 Laramie with tow mirrors. They tilt down when backing up, but I want to disable that function and have not been able to find the function on Uconnect. As stated by others, they just tilt down way too far to be useful.
Thanks, Tony

Not sure about tow mirrors but the setting for regular mirrors is buried in the sub menus for lights, mirrors, exit delays etc Owners manual will probably have the path

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoLo

Reaction score
Thanks, Tony

I also have a 2019 Laramie with tow mirrors. You should be able to disable that function in settings - mirrors & wipers - uncheck tilt side mirrors in reverse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unfortunate that you cant set how far they go down. It's a super useful feature, but not with the current amount of tilt.
Agreed. It's pretty useless for me. Even if I could disable the driver side I could live with how far the passenger mirror tilts. I had that feature on a 2006 Chevy that would allow me to enable it only for the passenger side. Maybe some day Ram will follow suit with that but I'm not holding my breath on that LOL.

Skater

Reaction score
I should probably read the owner's manual. I did not even know the standard mirrors had the option to tilt down in reverse. I learn new things everyday.

revvr

Reaction score
Agreed. It's pretty useless for me. Even if I could disable the driver side I could live with how far the passenger mirror tilts. I had that feature on a 2006 Chevy that would allow me to enable it only for the passenger side. Maybe some day Ram will follow suit with that but I'm not holding my breath on that LOL.

This. My Volvo S90 has the passenger side tilt and it is one of the most useful features I use. For some reason, I cannot deal with both mirrors tilted down, so I've had to disable the feature entirely on my Rebel, which is a bummer.

2bigalow

Reaction score
Completely agree.
This. My Volvo S90 has the passenger side tilt and it is one of the most useful features I use. For some reason, I cannot deal with both mirrors tilted down, so I've had to disable the feature entirely on my Rebel, which is a bummer.
Completely agree. I had a 2016 Chevy Silverado and Cadillac ATS with the ability to select which mirror (right / left or both) tilted down in reverse.
Are you listening Dodge? This is an easy software fix. Do it!

2bigalow

Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread. As discussed above, having BOTH mirrors tilt down instead of just the right mirror when in reverse is a PITA.
I turned the feature back on yesterday and now ONLY the right side mirror tilts down. Apparently this has been address with a software update. Woohoo, score one for RAM.

KCViper

Reaction score
Interesting. Went to pick up my truck this past Saturday and specifically tested mirrors in reverse. Both mirrors tilted down when in reverse, or could turn this off. Did not see anything about only having one mirror tilt down (like in my 911....very useful).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread. As discussed above, having BOTH mirrors tilt down instead of just the right mirror when in reverse is a PITA.
I turned the feature back on yesterday and now ONLY the right side mirror tilts down. Apparently this has been address with a software update. Woohoo, score one for RAM.
I haven't seen anyone else mention that an update made this change, although it's possible that no one else who received the update has tried using this. The uconnect 8.4 system in my Laramie does not receive OTA updates, and hasn't had an update since I bought it at the end of 2019. Given the number of complaints from people regarding updates, I'd rather live without the possible fix for this issue if it means avoiding any potential problems that might come with any updates LOL.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My 01/21 Limited tilts both, so feature has been disabled since the first time I tried to reverse with them tilted.

2bigalow

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone else mention that an update made this change, although it's possible that no one else who received the update has tried using this. The uconnect 8.4 system in my Laramie does not receive OTA updates, and hasn't had an update since I bought it at the end of 2019. Given the number of complaints from people regarding updates, I'd rather live without the possible fix for this issue if it means avoiding any potential problems that might come with any updates LOL.
Hum, interesting. My truck is the same model, but 2020 and I haven't been to the dealership since purchase. I assumed it was an OTA update. ???
Now, my truck came with tow mirrors and I did switch them to OEM sport mirrors that have the same features, plus auto dimming on the right mirror, about a month after purchase. I cant remember if I checked the reverse tilt after I installed them, but I cant imagine changing from tow mirrors to sport mirrors (again same features) would change the auto tilt feature. Can someone on here with factory install sports mirrors check and see if their truck has dual or single tilt? Also, how to you check to see what software version is installed?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hum, interesting. My truck is the same model, but 2020 and I haven't been to the dealership since purchase. I assumed it was an OTA update. ???
Now, my truck came with tow mirrors and I did switch them to OEM sport mirrors that have the same features, plus auto dimming on the right mirror, about a month after purchase. I cant remember if I checked the reverse tilt after I installed them, but I cant imagine changing from tow mirrors to sport mirrors (again same features) would change the auto tilt feature. Can someone on here with factory install sports mirrors check and see if their truck has dual or single tilt? Also, how to you check to see what software version is installed?
I bought my truck on Halloween day of 2019, but it's a 2020 model, like yours. Does your truck have NAV? Only the uconnect systems with NAV receive the OTA updates. And my Laramie came with the factory sport (non-towing) mirrors.

2bigalow

Reaction score
I bought my truck on Halloween day of 2019, but it's a 2020 model, like yours. Does your truck have NAV? Only the uconnect systems with NAV receive the OTA updates. And my Laramie came with the factory sport (non-towing) mirrors.
Copy, regarding the sport mirrors. I have a Jan / 2020 build date with Navigation, so the change must have been the result of an OTA update.

Last edited:

puba08

Reaction score
Wish I had this feature in my BigHorn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haneyrm

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get through to Ram that mirror tilt feature on our trucks needs attention? RamCares? Do you really?

We’ve been complaining about the issues with this feature for 4 years and it’s exactly the same today as it was in 2019.

The mirrors tilt too far downward and we need to option to only tilt the passenger side mirror. If you need examples of how this system is supposed to work, please see Chevy, GMC, Ford, Porsche, Subaru, Audi, Volkswagen, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, etc.

Love these trucks. I’m on my 3rd in 3 years but this sort of nonsense is pushing me back towards an F150 next year. Great trucks but damn, pay attention.

Users who are viewing this thread