5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to decide on a leveling kit...

autiger1892

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been reading several threads on leveling kits and I think I've narrowed my choices down pretty good, just wanted to get some final input before I ordered.

My options:
-Motofab aluminum spacers (I have read about the loss of suspension travel when going this route, has that been an issue in anyone's experience?)
-Rough Country Loaded struts (not sure about this because I had the rough country shocks on my Silverado and they were garbage, although that's been several years ago)
-Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts (IF I can find them in stock somewhere, also not sure if I need to replace the UCAs as well when I do this, I don't think I will need to)
-Rough country preload spacers (these seem to do the same thing as the 5100s by preloading the spring, but I just don't like the idea of relying on a chunk of plastic. I just see it deforming or settling over time)

I'm just wanting to level the truck, I don't want to go any higher in the rear. Ill probably replace the tires that are on it soon with something around a 33/12.50.
Also, the truck might see a dirt road every now and then, no major off-roading though.

Thanks in advance!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My last truck had the eibach version of the bilstein adjustable shocks. If you can’t get the bilsteins, it would be worth calling eibach directly and trying to order the front adjustable shocks. On the Laramie I just got rid of, the Eibachs rode very close to stock and were a great shock for the money. I would never consider using pucks or preload spacers after riding in a couple RAMs that had them installed.

autiger1892

Reaction score
My last truck had the eibach version of the bilstein adjustable shocks. If you can’t get the bilsteins, it would be worth calling eibach directly and trying to order the front adjustable shocks. On the Laramie I just got rid of, the Eibachs rode very close to stock and were a great shock for the money. I would never consider using pucks or preload spacers after riding in a couple RAMs that had them installed.
Just ordered earlier this afternoon, I can't wait until March for the Bilsteins. The guy from Eibach I spoke to on the phone was super nice, lifetime warranty, made in America, fingers crossed lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered earlier this afternoon, I can't wait until March for the Bilsteins. The guy from Eibach I spoke to on the phone was super nice, lifetime warranty, made in America, fingers crossed lol

Nice, glad they didn’t try to say you need to buy the whole lift kit. I loved that setup, and I might buy the front shocks only this time since I have ORG now. I called the Eibach tech guy a total of 6 times, and he was always very helpful.
You will have to reuse the upper and lower mounts from your stock shocks, but once the springs are off, you can take a deadblow hammer and give a solid couple hits to the lower spring mounts. They’ll pop right off. Also, the cap covering the shock seals pops off by hitting with a deadblow- it is not threaded and will not release pressure from the shock.

autiger1892

Reaction score
Nice, glad they didn’t try to say you need to buy the whole lift kit. I loved that setup, and I might buy the front shocks only this time since I have ORG now. I called the Eibach tech guy a total of 6 times, and he was always very helpful.
You will have to reuse the upper and lower mounts from your stock shocks, but once the springs are off, you can take a deadblow hammer and give a solid couple hits to the lower spring mounts. They’ll pop right off. Also, the cap covering the shock seals pops off by hitting with a deadblow- it is not threaded and will not release pressure from the shock.
I'm assuming my truck has the off road package, it has the rear locker and hill decent control?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm assuming my truck has the off road package, it has the rear locker and hill decent control?

That’s the case when I tried building my own ‘21 and ‘22 on the ram site. I don’t know the allowed option variations for ‘20 though.

You can throw your VIN in the input box on this site: Find your build sheet and see if you do or not.

autiger1892

Reaction score
That’s the case when I tried building my own ‘21 and ‘22 on the ram site. I don’t know the allowed option variations for ‘20 though.
Screenshot_20211218-012116.jpg
Maybe that will tell you something?

autiger1892

Reaction score
Nevermind I put the vin in on that sight. I'm pretty sure it's got it. It went into a little more detail than the window sticker I had

1C6SRFFTXLN285081

hellmans

Reaction score
2,5 motofab the way to gay...........easy install and the ride is excellent

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nevermind I put the vin in on that sight. I'm pretty sure it's got it. It went into a little more detail than the window sticker I had

1C6SRFFTXLN285081

After looking at your build sheet, I’m pretty confident you do. It matches all the items I have for ORG.

autiger1892

Reaction score
After looking at your build sheet, I’m pretty confident you do. It matches all the items I have for ORG.
Thanks man, hopefully they'll get here soon

autiger1892

Reaction score
2,5 motofab the way to gay...........easy install and the ride is excellent
I was gonna just do the spacers, but I don't wanna lose any of my travel and the majority of recommendations were to replace the struts. I know just sticking the spacers in would be a whole lot easier though lol

Saddlerocker

Reaction score

I didnt know these were an option.
I just found out about the Belltechs and ordered those today. Im going to try to cancel them I think.
Bilstein, Eibach, and Belltech have the same style adjustable struts? All anyone talks about are spacers and Bilsteins.

Are these the ones? Looks like you can order directly from Eibach.
Screenshot_20211222-215743_Chrome.jpg

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was in the VW scene for a while and eibach is what I used. Good quality product.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just found out about the Belltechs and ordered those today. Im going to try to cancel them I think.
Bilstein, Eibach, and Belltech have the same style adjustable struts? All anyone talks about are spacers and Bilsteins.

View attachment 114590
I can’t answer about the part number, but I would recommend purchasing directly from Eibach anyway. When i bought their Pro Truck Stage 1 kit, I ordered from a popular vendor who had the wrong part numbers listed for the kit. I cancelled with them (refund took 2 months), and 2 other vendors also tried to sell me the wrong kit. I ended up talking to eibach directly and got the kit for $40 less than anywhere else was advertising.

Point is- with how new the shocks and the kit are, my opinion is it’s worth ordering directly from eibach to ensure you get the proper shocks.

autiger1892

Reaction score

View attachment 114590
This is what I ordered
726a3a8d6d402711e2c77ead772151d2.jpg

puba08

Reaction score
This is the part number for Eibach Pro-Truck shocks part # EIB-E60-27-011-03-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I loved how the kit rode on my ‘22 laramie, so I’ll probably end up getting these front shocks in a few months to do a level on my ‘22.

Users who are viewing this thread